So I picked up this old Dolmar, what the hell is it exactly?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The saw says Super 120 on it. I got to going over it and found it has a Tilly HS 236A injector carb on it with the proper fuel/vent line setup and top cover for a 120SI per the ipl..

It was flooding bad when I got it, checked the carb and finally figured out that the injector wasn't seated in the carb. Fixed that and it seems to run well. Came home today and it started in 3 pulls cold.........

20170926_174414 (Custom).jpg 20170918_181700 (Custom).jpg

View attachment 604006

That’s a real coincidence , I took an old guy some wood the other day and he gave me this . Runs too .
111 is the model , any good ?

I don't know. You could start your own thread and ask then instead of cluttering up mine where I'm trying to find out something... Just sayin

The saw says Super 120 on it. I got to going over it and found it has a Tilly HS 236A injector carb on it with the proper fuel/vent line setup and top cover for a 120SI per the ipl..

It was flooding bad when I got it, checked the carb and finally figured out that the injector wasn't seated in the carb. Fixed that and it seems to run well. Came home today and it started in 3 pulls cold.........

View attachment 603956 View attachment 603957
That my friend is one of the best saws ever made period! 68cc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So it seems so far that this is a 120si that someone must have swapped some covers on. I'm ok with that.

I did take it to the woodpile today and I have to say its a strong runner. Started up just fine but I had a bit of trouble tuning it in. Seems the carb grommet don't quite line up perfect with the adjusting screws and you cannot see whats going on with it. Once I took the cover and the air filter off to see what was going on, I got it tuned in.

I ran about a full tank through it, enough to get a good feel of it and whats what. It needs a bigger/taller spike to keep the muffler off the log when bucking, something like the stock spikes on my 7900 would be good enough. I'm also scratching my head at the the use of the small K095 bar mount, it really limits the bar options for it being a 68cc saw.

After I cleaned it up the first time, I dry weighed it and its just right at 15lbs PHO. Nothing to brag about or to complain about.

I know how the Dolmar guys always praised this model, but I also know how things around here sometimes take on a life of there own. I have to say this one lives up to its billing

Back