So its Unc's Birthday, and he needs some help, er a present

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Some time ago Unclemoustache had a problem with his beloved 661, he can tell you the story if he wants, needless to say, it left him with a damaged saw.

A couple of us here at AS have been trying to walk him thru the rebuild process, but due to my poor teaching skills, and the distance of being half a world away, he has reached the point of bringing the case halves together, but when he does, the crank binds.
Due to limitations of time for him, as he is busy posting over on the wtf page and trying to run a business and keep up with his family, and my previously mentioned poor teaching skills, he needs some help, add to this its his first case split, and you can see the problem.

Is there anyone here that could get down to meet him at a convenient time and see what exactly is going on, and walk him thru to get the case together so he can finish his saw ?

He has some good tools to assemble the case, but there is something not going right, and I am hoping its just a basic thing that we, with experience, would pick up, and be able to guide him past. Due to distance and limitations that brings, it just makes it that bit harder.

Sorry Unc, dobbed you in, but I want to see you enjoying your saw again soon.

Thanks Chaps

Trains

Sounds like he's try to use the bolts to pull the halves together onto the crankshaft and it is a touch angled going through the bearings... He needs a crankshaft tool to pull the shaft through each half individually then bolt the halves together

Sounds like he's try to use the bolts to pull the halves together onto the crankshaft and it is a touch angled going through the bearings... He needs a crankshaft tool to pull the shaft through each half individually then bolt the halves together

No, he has Mattyo's crank tool to get them together, I ordered a set and had them shipped to Unc's place, the problem is after that, not being there whilst it goes together might be the problem.

No, he has Mattyo's crank tool to get them together, I ordered a set and had them shipped to Unc's place, the problem is after that, not being there whilst it goes together might be the problem.

Gotcha.. ok well I hope it goes well.. best of luck!!

Back