So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
I didn't start a chainsaw today. I was working on paperwork all morning and into the early afternoon. Then I went to the shop and spun up five 20" chains and two 24" chains. Put one of the chains and a new bar on an MS310 and took some pics of it. I am going to post it on CL later this evening. I was working on a 1990 Ford one ton van that hasn't run for years. Been chasing down problems one at a time. It doesn't seem to "spark" until I stop cranking it. (ie, when I let off the key, then it fires) I have run into this problem in the past but it has been so many years I can't remember what the issue is. Rats!
Anyway, I should head out to the deer stand to work on filling the freezer but I'm feeling a bit lazy...
What did you guys do?
Edit: Still don't have the van running but I do have spark now after changing both the ignition module and pick up coil. Now chasing an inop fuel pump, grrr.

Listened to the Click and Clack memorial show, boxed up an Echo 8000 to be mailed Monday, did some dishes and blew and mulched leaves. At the mall with my daughter now.

I didn't start a chainsaw today. I was working on paperwork all morning and into the early afternoon. Then I went to the shop and spun up five 20" chains and two 24" chains. Put one of the chains and a new bar on an MS310 and took some pics of it. I am going to post it on CL later this evening. I was working on a 1990 Dodge one ton van that hasn't run for years. Been chasing down problems one at a time. It doesn't seem to "spark" until I stop cranking it. (ie, when I let off the key, then it fires) I have run into this problem in the past but it has been so many years I can't remember what the issue is. Rats!
Anyway, I should head out to the deer stand to work on filling the freezer but I'm feeling a bit lazy...
What did you guys do?
Check the ballast resistor if equipped with one.it seems you lose power to the coil in crank mode only which is considered the bypass circuit on Chryslers.

Working on the house extension and a crappy Sears/Poulon 54cc plain bore

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 142
Cleared more buckthorn from the parks here in town. Ran some errands. Lunch with my wife. Got some laundry i nthe wash. Now sitting with the dogs by the fireplace reading and snacking on sea salt and molasses popcorn.

Good for you - you lucky mother-scratcher, i am still outside in the 37 degree temps putting everything away with a flashlight. :bowdown:

br600 on my back this morning and the little wonder push leaf blower in the afternoon.
Then I sat in the treestand till dark doe hunting.

Since I am barred from chainsawing, I slept in, made some sausage based chili, stacked a little wood, took my m-i-l a small load of wood, replenished the dog food & cat food, and spend too much time on AS. Ron

Listened to the Click and Clack memorial show, boxed up an Echo 8000 to be mailed Monday, did some dishes and blew and mulched leaves. At the mall with my daughter now.
Hey I know where that 8000 is going.....

I did a work swap with a buddy, I fix his house he fixes my truck. So I redid all the flashing on his limestone chimney and he discovered I needed a whole new ring and pinion, pinion nut, and rear brakes!

Aka I spent a bunch of money on parts and considered swearing off general motors.

Back