So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem oak has been taken care of in, I dare say, very satisfying fashion yesterday.

Chief problem is the damn thing had grown on a steep slope and was so crooked it threatened to take out both my telephone line and fence. Now: I cannot afford any damage to the phone line. A little after moving here during a thunderstorm the phone line was damaged and I was without phone for over a month. It was patched up only after I gave mandate to my lawyer to threaten a lawsuit.
By "patched up" I actually mean jury-rigged, and it has been that way ever since. The crew which performed the repair prepared a report recommending the whole line to be replace but told me "Don't hold your breath".
As I live in the woods (quite literally) I am not a high priority customer.

Anyway taking down the oak required getting rid of most branches from the ground (too crooked and unstable to climb), dealing with some very thick Old man's beard which was acting as a steel netting and "piloting" the fall. My Echo pruner proved invaluable as usual, afterwards the good old MS290 took care of the rest. It took about two hours: given how sensitive of a task it was and that I was working alone I am quite satisfied with that. I don't even want to think how much a forestry service would charge for such a job... probably north of a grand.

Paper work sucks. I got coffee. Did shopping for sons b day. Cut an onion. Sat on my fat azz. Waiting for b day festivities. Looking forward to getting snow tomorrow. Get to run a big snow blower with a 16 inch cut path and 3.something hp. It is frickin loud. Might need a pipe one day lol

After work i repiled a bunch of oak. I didnt like the way my piles are so working on switching so easyer to get at. Now just relaxing

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Dug out a misplaced drainpipe in the dark. It has been bothering me since last summer but hadn't gotten to it til now. Need to refine the trench but the pipe just wasn't working

Ya he got to run them he was grinning ear to ear. But i never thought to take pics that day. Guess i was in work mode lol.

Better safe than sorry with someone learning to operate a saw. Glad to hear had had a good time. Did he do a few piss revs

Better safe than sorry with someone learning to operate a saw. Glad to hear had had a good time. Did he do a few piss revs
Oh ya hes a piss rever. I got a bunch of slab wood to cut up at home when it freezes back up will take some pics then.
I got a video of him running my echo from while back but i cant figure how to get it on here.

View attachment 544041 All done, sitting by the fire drinking beer now... heck of a day

Does it ever, not rain up there? Every trip I have been up there its raining and wet. Randy used to keep us updated on weather before he retired but I guess he`s too busy riding his Harley now...

Well I guess we are getting out of the drought. 4ish inches on Thursday. It does rain pretty good but not for last few years. I hope Randy has good rain gear and new tires on his hog.

Back