so why exactly are ms200t's so expensive?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandnational

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I understand what they are for and who would use them. I'm a firewood guy so I like big cc's and long bars. I'm no climber or pro-arborist. That being said, why is an ms200t so expensive? Couldn't you clime with say an ms170 or other light little saw? Is the quality of the 200 really that good?

I recently looked at them. Correct me if I'm wrong but they're expensive because

1. They're made in Germany
2. They're top handle saws meaning potential injury litigation requires them to be overpriced

I know I know I know!

Because it has that Stihl name....Just like a Harley Davidson overpriced......

Those that dog these little power house saws have never used one. Take a 170 style saw and get on up there about 150' and try to cut with it 20" from our face. In the right hands they are no more dangerous than any other saw. Same goes for any saw in the wrong hands and some on here will learn a hard lesson. So be extra careful some guys try to run saws they can't handle these big fast saws will eat you alive in seconds. Chain brakes are not fail proof.

so you mean its not ideal to top 16" trees with a 660 and a 32" bar like the guy on axe men tried to do the other night? (before getting it stuck, spazzing out, screaming at everyone, showing his plumbers butt on tv, then storming off the mountain)

so you mean its not ideal to top 16" trees with a 660 and a 32" bar like the guy on axe men tried to do the other night? (before getting it stuck, spazzing out, screaming at everyone, showing his plumbers butt on tv, then storming off the mountain)

How would you react with some arrogant 50 yr old cussing at you. Pretty sure i would of handled it a different way. That arrogant old man needs to calm down, i dont put up with that crap its disrespectful and unprofessional to talk to your fellow employees like they are dirt.

wen your up 120' you got to have a saw that works its and arborist saw of most you guys are homeowners or part time wood cutters
b6u8hg.jpg

Just got to run both. On the small small stuff only difference you really notice is the 192 is a little lighter. Bigger stuff, the 200 really starts to shine. It just has more grunt. I would refuse either if given to me, but if I were professional I would shell out the money for the 200. Just my .02.

How would you react with some arrogant 50 yr old cussing at you. Pretty sure i would of handled it a different way. That arrogant old man needs to calm down, i dont put up with that crap its disrespectful and unprofessional to talk to your fellow employees like they are dirt.

That old fart need a reality check just like Gabe got last year... If that was me I would have pushed that old fart down and broke his hip...;) LOL!!!! No need for that crap... OH YA, MS200t. I have no clue why they are so expensive. I like mine as well. I don't climb, I work on a farm and they travel good in the tight cabs of the tractors. I am always triming crap around the fields and stuff that falls into the fields too...

Back