Social Distancing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have friends that Iive in a nice apartment complex in New Jersey, an hour outside of NYC.
They have not opened their door in two weeks.
I couldn't even imagine!

I always practice social distancing, my circle is pretty small.
I've been building an attachment for the tractor to aid in the firewood work and getting some wood in and split.

I try to avoid people anyways. Another antisocial guy. There enforcing the social distancing thing here with 1000 dollar fine
So far 8 people in the state of MN have been ticketed for violating stay at home orders. Sounds as though most of them were breaking other laws at the time. The one guy was a bar owner playing cards with friends inside the locked bar. Makes one wonder how/why they caught him.

So far 8 people in the state of MN have been ticketed for violating stay at home orders. Sounds as though most of them were breaking other laws at the time. The one guy was a bar owner playing cards with friends inside the locked bar. Makes one wonder how/why they caught him.
Makes you wonder if he'd been dropped on his head as a child:rolleyes: In a closed bar. Playing cards WITH others. Not exactly a shining star example during these times. To each his own however.

My neighbor has been dropping trees with his Kobalt 80V electric chainsaw. He's very careful and methodical and has all the PPE (and is honestly better at felling than I am). But once the tree is down, he calls and asks me if I want it. Then I show up with the trailer and the 2159 and PS510 and buck it up. Basically, neighbor has some sort of sensitivity or allergy to two-stroke smoke, so while he likes dropping trees, bucking is a nightmare on a 12"-18" tree, so he says "come and get it!" I abide by the "campsite rule" and get the brush neatly stacked on his pile, and I get free oak and maple!

At some point I need to get the splitter down there and get him some of his own wood, since he does have a stove, and he BUYS firewood. But he insists on just giving me the wood...

I don’t get it, My shop is open but the front door is locked and no one is allowed in unless paying for repairs.
Freaking people want to shake my hand and when I move away they play ring around the car while talking to me and I try to keep way away.

I don’t get it, My shop is open but the front door is locked and no one is allowed in unless paying for repairs.
Freaking people want to shake my hand and when I move away they play ring around the car while talking to me and I try to keep way away.
Just tell them to stay back.

I'd ask them if they have seen any thing about the Covid 19 mess and under stand the 6 foot rule? Then explain 6 foot is about the distance a adverage man covers laying flat on his back.

Al

Social distancing... it's one of those new contemporary phrases that I just don't get, and it kind of bugs me.... just a little.... kind of like the use of the word "unprecedented" in the news. Being someone who is mostly introverted, social distancing is something that I never really thought of as an inconvenience or a drag on life. Of course I love my time home, but while working from home as a salaried employee (of which I am thankful for) - I find myself tied to my home office chair and company cell phone more often than when I was at our plant. Despite the longer days (9-11 hours on average) at least I don't have to factor in two hours of my day in drive time for my commute, so that's a plus. When the work is done, I turn off the phone and go outside, then work until dusk. Eat, drink beer, shower, sleep. Rinse & repeat. Not so bad, have only left the property 3-4 time in the last month.

We were doing social distancing at work this week until a rocket scientist tripped the tornado alarm. Tornado shelters aren't set up for social distancing yet.

Back