ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Soft White Underbelly

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
The really sad thing is that poor fellow has to live on the streets in the richest country on the globe, I’d be ashamed to live in such a place that treats the disadvantaged in such a way , it is appalling. Our country takes in people like that from around the world and gives them a home , they really need a break in life, because they have been dealt a crap hand
Sounds like you’re jealous

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
How many of these videos have you watched? I've watched a lot of them and I can't recall one person who thought of themselves as a victim. In fact, quite a few of them have been able to rise above the crap hand they've been dealt, through hard work and determination of their own.
Then there are quite a lot of them who see nothing wrong with how they are living, and in fact, given a choice would prefer to live the life they have..

There are homeless people in my community, not many, but a few. I have talked to people who try to "help" them, taking them food, clothes, and other items to make their life more comfortable. The hardcore homeless don't want the trappings of what we call a "normal" life - responsibilities.
A lot of the homeless don't want a home.
It takes a fairly fcuked up moral compass to not admit that the guy that had half his head blown away , has only one functioning arm, half blind in the only eye they have, needs to be cared for by the state instead of being discarded to live under a bridge, by a dog eat dog society

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
He's as green as that like button I just clicked.
It’s fairly obvious you don’t give a rats about anything but your own scrawny hide, the perfect example of the self centred selfishness which allows that kind of thing to become the norm, oh that’s right , you can claim to be a god believer & somehow get into heaven with that sort of morality. The question on everyone’s lips, is being a sociopath a learned thing or is it genetic? either way you are a study for those in that field of human antisocial traits

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
The question is what's been on your lips? nevermind. gay **** is not allowed here. plus i see del is still liking all the America hating foreigners post.
Actually the subject was nothing about that , you can reminisce all you like though, feel free.
The not so funny thing is it is about a video which inadvertently showed how fcuked the social fabric is in your nation , then beyond all imagination you somehow are missing the other side of message in the video, the guy has somehow survived , but is living the life no better than a stray dog, tell us, what would you like to do to better that mans life? I’ll give you a hint , recognising his plight would be a start in the right direction.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
It takes a fairly fcuked up moral compass to not admit that the guy that had half his head blown away , has only one functioning arm, half blind in the only eye they have, needs to be cared for by the state instead of being discarded to live under a bridge, by a dog eat dog society
People who feel the need to "fix" other people are the ones who are f'cked up... and from what I've seen, they are more interested in fixing themselves.
What's wrong with that man is miniscule compared to what's right with him.

How many of these Soft White Underbelly video documentaries have you watched?

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Actually the subject was nothing about that , you can reminisce all you like though, feel free.
The not so funny thing is you posted a video which inadvertently showed how fcuked the social fabric is in nation , then beyond all imagination you somehow are missing the other side of message in the video, the guy has somehow survived , but is living the life no better than a stray dog, tell us, what would you like to do to better that mans life? I’ll give you a hint , recognising his plight would be a start in the right direction.
Who are you to decide what kind of life a person should be living??

Watch the interviews of the folks who live in Appalachia. They wouldn't trade their life in the hills with any one of us city-slickers.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
Who are you to decide what kind of life a person should be living??

Watch the interviews of the folks who live in Appalachia. They wouldn't trade their life in the hills with any one of us city-slickers.
Social decency is a guide to how you would treat other people in society, the way you are coming across doesn’t appear to be decent at all, in regards to the guy with the shocking gunshot injuries. So I ask you too, what would you like to do for the guy that could better his life?

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
People who feel the need to "fix" other people are the ones who are f'cked up... and from what I've seen, they are more interested in fixing themselves.
What's wrong with that man is miniscule compared to what's right with him.

How many of these Soft White Underbelly video documentaries have you watched?
No one anywhere has ever fixed a bad attitude, it certainly has been highlighted for all to see though, also I'd like to know how you can confuse the difference between "help" and "fix" it seems you want to define the ridiculous at your own expense.
You posted the videos , yet you missed the part where the gunshot dude says he lives on the streets, when I heard him say that , I said WTF is wrong with that place!
You & a few others have dug a ugly hole so deep for yourselves on this matter, I couldn't imagine a backbone being found to admit your stance is having any good basic intentions for your fellow man , to get you out of that hole.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Social decency is a guide to how you would treat other people in society, the way you are coming across doesn’t appear to be decent at all, in regards to the guy with the shocking gunshot injuries. So I ask you again, what would you like to do for the guy that could better his life
Did you hear him say he needed anything?
Meddling with another persons life and "helping" when none was asked for is never a good thing.... except for the person doing the meddling - makes them feel superior and all.
I'm all for helping when it's asked for, but even then, sometimes the best help is no help.
The belief that everyone is equal, or should be is bs. Not everyone wants the same thing.
Sometimes being free on the streets is better than being a slave to the government.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Of what? I not completely out of my mind yet
We wouldn’t have you here anyways so it doesn’t matter, but there has to be a reason you obsess over my country. I guess you think Aus is better or something but there isn’t much evidence to back that up.

just look at the subject at hand you’re running off at the keyboard about. A subject you have no clue about. Seems Australia has a far worse homeless problem than the US.
7D8C4679-6B7C-4CFC-AD05-A18848199620.jpeg BF3730DA-35B5-4601-B782-ECB02B62F687.jpeg
nearly 50 people per 10k on your deserted island compared to just 17 here.

How you like them apples?

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
People are talking on here about people wanting to be on the street, live their own life, make their own decisions etc.
This is a legit argument for those homeless who are of sound mind and body. Homeless surveys around here show major mental health problems, either drug induced or otherwise, youth who were in gov't care (foster homes), but have aged out of the system with no support systems (often of indigenous background, with alk the problems that brings) or people with medical disabilities for who disability pensions are too low for a survival lifestyle.
For you Americans, how many are former vets with issues like undiagnosed PTSD or weird diseases caused by their service but arent being helped by the people they protected.
Unfortunately, these problems arent simple, with simple solutions. Devil is on the details.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Yep the devil sure is in the details. One side wants more facilities to house the mentally ill and laws making it easier to commit them. The other side wants “reform” witch means to let them roam free and throw money at the problem.

I’ll let you folks guess which side is which

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
The debate over institutionalization has voices on both sides.
Horrors exhibited by institutions in the past sway the debate, even though there are many who would benefit from some form of instutionalization.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Just because an individual is mentally ill that doesn’t mean they have no rights, and it’s hard to balance that out when it comes to getting them treatment. They can offer all the “free” programs in the world but it doesn’t do any good if they choose not to use them. One thing is for sure, when you look at the places hardest hit here in the states it seems like they are going backwards with that approach.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
Did you hear him say he needed anything?
Meddling with another persons life and "helping" when none was asked for is never a good thing.... except for the person doing the meddling - makes them feel superior and all.
I'm all for helping when it's asked for, but even then, sometimes the best help is no help.
The belief that everyone is equal, or should be is bs. Not everyone wants the same thing.
Sometimes being free on the streets is better than being a slave to the government.
Are you for real? You are just showing you don't have any empathy for other people's situations, like I said , you are digging a very ugly hole for yourself every time you open your mouth, I'd imagine you walking past someone laying on the road after they had been run over and saying "well they didn't ask for help"