ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Soft White Underbelly

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
We wouldn’t have you here anyways so it doesn’t matter, but there has to be a reason you obsess over my country. I guess you think Aus is better or something but there isn’t much evidence to back that up.

just look at the subject at hand you’re running off at the keyboard about. A subject you have no clue about. Seems Australia has a far worse homeless problem than the US.
View attachment 880582 View attachment 880583
nearly 50 people per 10k on your deserted island compared to just 17 here.

How you like them apples?
Here we go! When you're beat try to distract. You have 20 to 50 million people homeless under our classification , you are comparing apples to oranges because you're so clever.
During the covid lockdown our social services housed the homeless living on the streets in hotels, full board with meals, you couldn't even dream about doing anything like that in your country.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
Here we go! When you're beat try to distract. You have 20 to 50 million people homeless under our classification , you are comparing apples to oranges because you're so clever.
Beat? Lol I’m not the one living in a glass house. Maybe when you Ozzies solve your burgeoning homeless problem you can tell us Yankees how it’s done. But until then chata

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
What’s funny is you accuse me of comparing apples to oranges and then in the very same post you make an apples to oranges comparison. Are you really that obtuse :laugh:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Are you for real? You are just showing you don't have any empathy for other people's situations, like I said , you are digging a very ugly hole for yourself every time you open your mouth, I'd imagine you walking past someone laying on the road after they had been run over and saying "well they didn't ask for help"
I'm going to assume you are trying to make a point with your rant about homeless people. Please do it elsewhere.
The point of this thread, Soft White Underbelly, is to show, via these interviews, how the "other half" not only live, but thrive in their various environments... it's a testimony to how resilient humans are and how capable they are of surviving in unconventional environments.

You never did answer my question: How many of these interviews have you watched?

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
I'm going to assume you are trying to make a point with your rant about homeless people. Please do it elsewhere.
The point of this thread, Soft White Underbelly, is to show, via these interviews, how the "other half" not only live, but thrive in their various environments... it's a testimony to how resilient humans are and how capable they are of surviving in unconventional environments.

You never did answer my question: How many of these interviews have you watched?
I've watched many & many others on the same type of theme, because you are lacking in empathy for whatever reason , you completely missed part of the message in particular one in question because of your impediment, you may wake up to the fact one day, but at the moment your ego is overpowering that part of your brain which will allow it.
You haven't answered my question, what could you do to help the shooting victim? Anything will do , the tiniest gesture would suffice.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
For some unknown reason, while searching for clogged washer drain videos, a video titled, "Inbred Family - The Whitakers" came up on the list. o_O

I was curious.
I've used the term "inbred" many times, but as far as I can tell, I've never actually seen an inbred person. "Deliverance" not included.
I clicked.
It was like driving past a horrific traffic accident - you don't want to watch, but you just can't look away either.

I'll let you decide if you want to watch that one or not.
But after watching that one I watched another, from the same film maker, titled "Shooting Victim - Jerry 2020."
I've never seen anything like it, and I can find no words to describe it.
The best part is @ 20 min to the end. :heart:

Pffft. And we think we have problems?
Jerry really puts things into perspective.

RIP, Jerry.
What an inspiration he was. :heart:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Even the short story movie maker helped Jerry with some cash regularly, yet you still don't recognise the predicament he was in and you being oblivious to it.
No, I understand it just exactly as Mark does...
... and he's not a "short story movie maker."
He's an award-winning photographer.