Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wde_1978

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Solo 615 VA

Last weekend my dad brought a Solo 615 VA home.

It is in quite bad condition but is said to have been run till the starter assembly got damaged - that was supposedly 6-7 years ago.

Solo 615VA-01.jpg Solo 615VA-02.jpg Solo 615VA-03.jpg
Solo 615VA-04.jpg Solo 615VA-05.jpg Solo 615VA-06.jpg

Turning the flywheel confirms that it has compression, to be seen how much.

Before tearing into this saw we (my dad) needs to fabricate a missing part.
Not knowing how it looked like, lest knowing the dimensions of it makes it difficult to start making a custom part.

Hereby I would like to ask any member in possession of a Solo 615 VA to please pull the starter cover and make some pictures of the part that the starter engages too.
Measurements like outer and inner diameter, thickness of the part, height and/or any other info, as well as pictures of the said part whilst taken off of the saw would be highly appreciated too.

I have the flywheel assembly and the flywheel - I need to know details regarding the part that gets engaged when the starter cord gets pulled.

My dad is confident that he will be able to reproduce the part - it wouldn't be the first time for him to make a custom part to revive something damaged. ;)

Solo 615VA-14.jpg Solo 615VA-15.jpg
Solo 615VA-16.jpg Solo 615VA-part01-1.JPG

Any help is appreciated, thank You! :)

I would also appreciate information on the bar pattern this saw uses.
I have no bar for it so I will have to either find one with the correct mount pattern or customize one to suite this saw.
Thank You for any help You provide!

Note:
This Solo 615 VA has the tiniest little clutch drum I have ever seen. :)
So cute (6mm bolt/screw for scale):

Solo 615VA-12.jpg Solo 615VA-13.jpg

No bites on this?

This is the missing part, the picture is not high quality and obviously doesn't state any dimensions.
View attachment 444983

Printed the picture out for my dad and he started tinkering.

I will look thru my nos Solo parts, cant recall seeing a part like that but I'll look anyways.
Justin

Hi mate I know this is an old thread I have a solo 615VA in great condition still running too, did you still need the dimensions and photos to this part??

Regards Sean

Back