Solo 626 - Tillotson HL-146A carburetor help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terminus

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Dear users! We bough an old Solo 626 chainsaw which installed with Tillotson HL-146A type carburetor. The "H" screw is missing from the carburetor. If you have this type of carburetor then please take a photo for me about the "L" and "H" screws what is the difference, I would like to make somehow a new "H" screw because I did not found any picture about the size and form of H screw for this carburetor. We would like to give a new chance for this old chainsaw. Many Thanks!

Hi for everyone, thanks for all reply!

HarleyT: We tried similar type of screw from newer Tillotson carb, but it is too short for Tillotson HL-146A.
One information: The "L" screw is longer (length is around 60 mm) than average Tillotson "L" screws (which installed to Stihl 045, 056, 075, 076)
Then probably "H" screw is similar long as "L" screw.

Yeah, I know.

This screw fits both sides on the TS350.

I have an old Tillotson book that lists individual parts for each carb model somewhere, unless I e-bayed it.....

I have the Tillotson Master manual but it don`t list this particular carb. Lots of the vintage chainsaws ran the HL carbs and I have many basket cases in buckets, might even have a H side screw that would fit but would need to have the carb in hand to be certain. The H side one usually has the more > shaped metering end but not always. Hl`s could have metering screws on either side and even in the rear, some had two H side adjusters/screws. A pict of the OP`s carb would be of some help.

Looks like a beast!!

Yes, it looks like a beast. But the power is not too big, just 70 ccm and around 5 HP, and its weight is almost double of a new 5 HP Stihl chainsaw. I have uploaded pictures about the carburetor and the L screw, you can find in my previous post.

yes, there is a thread in the "black hole". We tried with different screw but it was too short for this hole. You can see on my picture that "L" screw is around 50 mm long, so I think probably "H" screw is similar long.

Latest posts

Back