• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Solo 644 rebuild

Cheif_87

Cheif_87

ArboristSite Member
Hi everyone I have a solo 644 that needs a new piston and cylinder, a mate told me that a solo 651 top end will fit into it no problem is this true can I get a 651 piston and cylinder and rebuild it with that?

Regards Sean

StihlSolo

StihlSolo

Mechanically inclined
Yes for piston & cylinder replacement, the 651 and 644 use the same crankcase. Cylinder-base bolt locations for the 42mm 644 and 45mm 651 cylinders are same.

Cheif_87

Cheif_87

ArboristSite Member
Awesome thank you so if its the same cylinder I can just clean up the one I got if possible and put a 651 piston in it?

Also do you know where I can find a new piston and possibly a cylinder for a 651?

Thank you for ur help

Regards Sean

StihlSolo

StihlSolo

Mechanically inclined
The 644 cylinder has 42mm bore, the 651 cylinder has 45mm bore: a 651 piston will not fit in a 644 cylinder. What I said before is the base bolt pattern for either cylinder is the same, NOT that the cylinders are the same.

The 644 and 651 use either a Walbro HDA 103 or HDA 127, similar carburetors.

Good luck find a piston and cylinder. NOS Solo parts in US have dried up.

Cheif_87

Cheif_87

ArboristSite Member
Yes thank you I realised that after I asked lol, I have found a piston and cylinder in Australia through my dealer, thank you for all your help