• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Solo Chainsaw's

Rudedog

Rudedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just found this thread and here's my Solo. She runs but I need a fuel line replaced before I can use her. Weedeaterman tried to help me and identified the problem. With the angle the line takes from tank to carburetor you can't use aftermarket cut to length.

IMG_0274 (Small).JPG IMG_0273 (Small).JPG

scallywag

scallywag

10/80
I just found this thread and here's my Solo. She runs but I need a fuel line replaced before I can use her. Weedeaterman tried to help me and identified the problem. With the angle the line takes from tank to carburetor you can't use aftermarket cut to length.

View attachment 341006 View attachment 341007
Nice saw!...........got any pics of this tricky fuel line ?

cbfarmall

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
Got this nice Solo 680 from Ed. It was a lot dirty, but in excellent mechanical shape and the top end was like new. I didn't even bother swapping the fuel lines--for the time being.

The only new thing on the saw to get it running was a starter rope and carb kit.

It would be nice to find some replacement decals. Sadly, mine aren't in good enough shape to use as a template.

cbfarmall

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
My Solo twin. I've had this for some time. Didn't really need any work. Just sometimes the recoil pulley sticks and won't retract. Probably those little aluminum covers need tweaking. And that handlebar clamp the bottom by the fan housing isn't right. Looks homemade.

Anybody have an IPL for this saw?

Rudedog

Rudedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't recall running into fuel line problems with any of my Solos and I redid a 635 just like your 642.

That said, you have a dandy saw. If you ever part with that, give me a holler.

Chris B.
Thanks. I'll get on that photo. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong. It is an old US Fish and Wildlife Service saw that was used to cut down one large tree. I bought it a few years ago off Craigs list for $400.

leecopland

leecopland

Addicted to ArboristSite
Picked up a 639 recently and am trying to track down some of the throttle assembly parts anyone have a idea where I could purchase some parts for this saw. Doesn't look like its seen much use so I would like to get it going and see what these Solo's are all about.
If the parts are anything like the 654 you are welcome to any parts for the cost of shipping/postage. No recoil, coil but the rest is pretty much there. P+C toast.

Lee