Solo Twin....FINALLY!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone needs to organize a GTG in IN/OH so we can get at least 4 twins in one location. If we wind them all up at the same time maybe we can shake the New Madrid fault loose again.

We had three runners and two participate in the demonstration in Baraboo, WI two weeks ago.

Mark

I broke the impulse nipple off when assembling the first Twin, so stole the one from the 110. Today I attempted to make a couple replacements. The steel one was made from a bolt and the brass one for a double ended brass hose barb. The original was brass. I'll assemble with red Loctite for a positive seal.

All new screws/bolts were ordered today...cheese heads.

20170901_181937-L.jpg

20170901_181914-L.jpg

20170901_182009-L.jpg

20170901_182121-L.jpg

Any updates?
I sure do!

A bit of progress was made today. Randy put new rubber grips on both handles for me. Thank you Randy! I did one several years ask and that was no fun. I appreciate the help!

Meanwhile, the rest of the parts are being welded and/or powder coated. A few parts are even headed this way from the UK!

I appreciate all the help!!!

Solo Handles.jpeg

Finally, 6 years after this saga began, I have two almost complete Solo Twins. This last one is the 110cc version. I've had the parts back from Mike for years and just never got around to putting it together. All that I need to have both running is to either repair or replace the fuel tank. I've not yet finished the black and silver part of the logo either.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    682.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    712.5 KB · Views: 46
Rather than start a new thread, can someone give me a ball park price for a running solo Twin? Had a repair on the handle. I believe i may have under quoted after some reading. I do not want to start a bidding war. Thanks
8a5213ab256e8e5e683c1aee7e917d19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rather than start a new thread, can someone give me a ball park price for a running solo Twin? Had a repair on the handle. I believe i may have under quoted after some reading. I do not want to start a bidding war. Thanks
8a5213ab256e8e5e683c1aee7e917d19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
It’s whatever the market will bear. I’ve paid as much as $2600 for the right saw. Paid $1500 recently for a 110cc. The best thing going for the one in the photo is that it appears to be in “original condition “. But having said that if the gas tank don’t leak I’d maybe go $1000 if all the parts were there.

Back