Solving A Mystery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneandonlyian

Reaction score
Hello, I'm working with some friends to uncover a mystery online. One of the images related to the mystery has some trees in the background, and my friend and I are wondering if anyone could give us information about these specific trees. Specifically what type they are / where they may grow / etc. Any information would help! Thanks.

1607290055328.png

There is a very straight southern pine in the background that is pretty rare, as it’s growth is interesting. It has the small branch growth at the top and the long silver thin branch that grows very long above that and a very great distance from the trunk. If you look really close below the branches there is a grey seed pod. These seed pods spread these trees seeds like wild fire when they burst and they will be everywhere! To find out the where this is you need to research these leafless trees as much as possible. Good luck with your mystery quest.

Is the tree on the right a live oak?
Yes, I do believe you are correct. The tree on the right is live. it has leaves on it......
qXnZpBA.gif

Hello, I'm working with some friends to uncover a mystery online. One of the images related to the mystery has some trees in the background, and my friend and I are wondering if anyone could give us information about these specific trees. Specifically what type they are / where they may grow / etc. Any information would help! Thanks.

View attachment 872269
you mean you're trying to figure out what part of the country the stolen John Deere skid steer is located so you can narrow your search.

To Oneandonlyian: We would love to help you if it were possible. But enlarge it all you want & there simply isn't enough to go on in that photo.

It looks tempting--the left and right corner trees make you want to say "That could be a . . . " Even the cloud in the background might suggest Florida. But it could just as well be Ohio or NJ in the right season.

There's no tree's in that picture that could be positively identified without some doubt. The picture looks to be taken with a Russet Potato circa July 1842.

I was watching some home videos from the 80s and it made me realize how bad video was back then.

Actually I'm surprised some of the line clearance guys on here haven't commented on that power pole. It's unique, but hard to see clearly. Looks almost like a Hendricks line running across the top. Area with high winds possibly, street does look Florida-ish.

Back