ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some people

Loghead91

Loghead91

Saw Addict
As the title states just don’t understand some people’s logic. We have this next door app on our phones for our direct neighborhood. I like reading what everyone’s complaining about but I just had to respond to this. Was trying to be as nice as possible, felt like I handled it well.

Attachments

• 3C4ED709-78D3-4536-9342-85F3DFBA3D7F.jpeg
    3C4ED709-78D3-4536-9342-85F3DFBA3D7F.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 163
  • AC1FF26B-5AE1-4FBE-A478-76910A23A9F2.jpeg
    AC1FF26B-5AE1-4FBE-A478-76910A23A9F2.jpeg
    443.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 4CCAC97D-6949-4FFD-B998-C2D95DDD058E.jpeg
    4CCAC97D-6949-4FFD-B998-C2D95DDD058E.jpeg
    431.8 KB · Views: 144
ktmtigger

ktmtigger

ArboristSite Operative
Have the app and just got banned the other day for a mask discussion. I provided facts and articles proving how they don't do much for protection the other responders called me names and stupid. I didn't play nice after that

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

slowp

slowp

Tree Freak
I can't understand why Drs. and nurses wear masks during surgery - maybe to look more professional?

Good point. One can find "facts" to support their opinion pretty much anywhere on the net. What is the most sciency of them? Which ones are supported by actual experts on the subject. Let me see, Dr. Mike, on the Simpsons, says masks don't work, Dr. Expert who has worked and studied communicable diseases for decades says they do help somewhat. Hmmmm, who should I believe? I like The Simpsons.....so Dr. Mike must be correct. I'll quote him to support what I WANT to believe. Note the word believe. Not necessarily factual.

Too many people want 100% results. Masks are not 100% effective and you will be able to pick out examples of when they haven't "worked". However, there are now studies about that show that they do reduce the number of cases and can even reduce the severity of Covid if you get it. Look it up and go beyond reading only about what you believe. WTF can wearing a mask hurt?

An Anecdote for you: My county was having a hell of a big outbreak in June. The governor had enacted a mask mandate but the local yokels were protesting and not many wore masks. Then Walmart and Home Depot started enforcing it. We still had problems and finally the orchardists began educating their workers, and most people were wearing masks in stores. Our cases are now down to single digits per week. I do notice a few more folks going to the dark side and taking off masks in the more local stores, so I expect we may have another outbreak. Dunno.

This whole thing reminds me of how the uneducated in forestry folks have basically taken over forest management, and we see how successful that's working each August.

ucm

ArboristSite Lurker
Lmao that’s awesome. They don’t like facts at all. It’s hilarious the theories that people just pull out of their ass and think it’s gold. Like the people who lie so much they start to think it’s true. There’s a name for that but can’t think of it haha
You thinking of Narcissist? Or pathological liar? Likely that both/either would fit.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Meh, we been doing the mask thing and the sanitizer for over 7 months. Almost all business require them to enter. We were doing well this summer but cases here are once again skyrocketing. Lots of folks like pointing fingers but truth be told, no one really has a clue as to how to deal with the covid. Personally, I think airflow is key. More air exchange you got in a room, the better you will do.

slowp

slowp

Tree Freak
Loghead91

Loghead91

Saw Addict
Honestly I wear the masks, no big deal bout it to me, and the wife would yolk me up if I didn’t. It sucks when your a warm bodied, high bp fella like myself but is what it is. I get flustered regardless when I go into town.They do temp checks every day on the rig, before you go back on your hitch they call and go through the list of red flags. In my local county they just sent kids back to school and it’s already in each district. Haven’t really changed anything in my day to day. Store once a month in my days off, work on stuff in my garage, then to the rig for 14 days. repeat

Loghead91

Loghead91

Saw Addict
The theories I was meaning was the environmentalist people more so saying we have to stop this and that but not realizing like damn near everything, there’s a chain effect.

buzz sawyer

buzz sawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Western border of mid-southern northern WV
David Henry

David Henry

ArboristSite Lurker
I don't think that they wear masks to look more professional. there are some 'reason behind that we may not know

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Have the app and just got banned the other day for a mask discussion. I provided facts and articles proving how they don't do much for protection the other responders called me names and stupid. I didn't play nice after that

Why are masks standard PPE in an OR? And has been for easily 75 years.

Not sure what info you have, but masks certainly help to keep air droplets from hoing airborne. Be it from just breathing, or sneezing and coughing.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Consider the CDC released 80 something % of people who contracted the virus stated the wore masks anytime they left their homes. Makes you wonder who or what is right.

A mask isn't so much protecting YOU from the virus, but protecting you from getting your spit on others.
Less spit in the air means less spread of the Corona.

buzz sawyer

buzz sawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Western border of mid-southern northern WV
A mask isn't so much protecting YOU from the virus, but protecting you from getting your spit on others.
Less spit in the air means less spread of the Corona.
Actually, Dr. Fauci just proclaimed that they DO help protect the wearer from inhaling some of the droplets from others.

ktmtigger

ktmtigger

ArboristSite Operative
Why are masks standard PPE in an OR? And has been for easily 75 years.

Not sure what info you have, but masks certainly help to keep air droplets from hoing airborne. Be it from just breathing, or sneezing and coughing.
Sars cov2 virion is approximately 50 to 200 nanometres the normal cloth masks works for 300 NM and bigger

svk

Saw Hoarder
Masks help-some.

People are missing the boat when it comes to touch. If you hang out for long enough around someone with any type of communicable disease, eventually you’ll contract it either by you ingesting directly or by touching something that has the virus/bacteria and then touching your face/ingesting/etc.

Honestly if they want to shut everything down again, that’s fine with me but it should have been done weeks ago when cases started to rise. All of these knee jerk reactions immediately following the election are very transparent.