ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some people

sean donato

sean donato

ArboristSite Guru
Why are masks standard PPE in an OR? And has been for easily 75 years.

Not sure what info you have, but masks certainly help to keep air droplets from hoing airborne. Be it from just breathing, or sneezing and coughing.
A mask isn't so much protecting YOU from the virus, but protecting you from getting your spit on others.
Less spit in the air means less spread of the Corona.
I'm not here to fight about weather masks arw worth a hoot or not, the posted evidence fed to us by the government is overwhelming that they dont help near as much as they thought. Right wrong or indifferent. And the dr mask thing is an irrelevant remark. Different masks from what 95% of the population is wearing. Again idc if you wear one it not, I was stating what information the cdc released.

buzz sawyer

buzz sawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Western border of mid-southern northern WV
Right. A surgeon wears a mask to avoid putting bacteria into an open wound. A lot different that passing someone in the grocery store.
So masks DO help prevent a person from spreading infection. We're talking about a virus that lives for days on some surfaces. I just had surgery and the mask I and the staff wore were no different than what I wear on my own. Tests I've seen were done with surgical masks and they did prevent spreading directly in front of you - that's what they are for, when you are close to someone, not for total containment.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
The problem with mask are there are no requirements on the type of material they are made from.I bet you could make a mask out of panty hose and no one would say anything. The rules are so conflicted and there is no standard that makes any since at all. I think all of us missed the baot and should have invested in company's that make them.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Clandestine Saw Operations
Some people are just too far gone, brainwashed by the media industrial complex. Leaf blower guy is a prime example. I would respond to him by saying I want a leaf blower ownership mandate, and make sure they are really loud ones that smoke a lot with led lights for blowing leaves at night.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
People lie, especially about health related information. Any data about %s of people wearing masks properly is most certainly at least half lies. People simply cannot effectively keep their **** together and be honest about their own incompetence. It is human nature.
Ask a dentist how many people say they floss and how many he thinks actually floss.

The same applies to alcohol use, the number of people that “forget“ they are alcoholics when they are at the doctors office is huge.

Masks offer a percentage of protection, somewhat similar to a condom, if used correctly it can be helpful in the prevention of diseases, if not used correctly then not so much. Ever wonder why HIV is still a thing in the USA. Hah, one more thing that people lie about all the time.

Correlative “science” is junk.

hosocat

ArboristSite Member
Have the app and just got banned the other day for a mask discussion. I provided facts and articles proving how they don't do much for protection the other responders called me names and stupid. I didn't play nice after that

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
This communist style suppression of speech is going to bite the millennials in the butt. As a generation they are accepting it because they've been brainwashed into thinking it's the socially responsible thing to do. As a logical, free thinker all you can do is keep a mental tally of who the sheeple are, and avoid them. If you have to work with them don't cut them any breaks.