ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Some WTF pics.....

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
And when you pay your insurance health and car you know why

In addition to higher insurance bills, such antics also come with a price tag that lasts the rest of your life, too. You get any busted up joints, and then it hurts to move for the rest of your life. Then there are the damaged ligaments and the scars...

pdqdl

pdqdl

That is a really neat pic you posted. I love that rock in the water depicting a snekkja
iu

Sverd i fjell
" a commemorative monument located in the Hafrsfjord neighborhood of Madla, a borough of the city of Stavanger which lies in the southwestern part of the large municipality of Stavanger in Rogaland county, Norway. "​
"Three enormous bronze swords stand monument to the battle of Hafrsfjord in the year 872, when Harald Hårfagre (Fairheaded Harald) united Norway into one kingdom. The monument was designed by Fritz Røed (1928 - 2002) from Bryne, just south of Stavanger. It was unveiled by Norway's King Olav in 1983.​
The swords, which are about 10 meters tall, stand for peace and unification. One sword is larger than the others. This was Fairheaded Harald's sword. The swords are planted in solid rock - representing peace and are found at Møllebukta which is a bay area on the southern shore of Hafrsfjord.​
The name "Møllebukta" derives from "mølla" (mill) and "bukt (bay). There used to be a corn mill here. Today the area is one of Stavangers most popular"​

I wish I could visit. Google Earth is the only way I'll ever get there: https://goo.gl/maps/k9g2Sq84c8SJYFyy9
The adjacent town has beautiful streets & neighborhoods. I couldn't find any run-down part of town; all the yards were manucured, there weren't any junky cars parked in the driveways; although the homes all seemed tucked pretty close together. It would really suck to have a bad neighbor, 'cause they are all pretty close together. It was pretty obvious that their social structure isn't as stratified as ours in the USA. There also seems to be a very nice beach where your picture was taken from.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
67L36Driver

67L36Driver

Tree Freak
Went to the St Louis Art Museum today.

I found an iron wood tree.

View attachment 862260
View attachment 862261

Been there several times.

The tree is new.

KC art gallery has a shuttle cock.

On an incredibly hot August day, took the family and the daughter’s then boy friend (an art major ) for a cool afternoon.

I even looked at the stuff.

They still have the antique car show on Easter Sunday? Upper parking lot at the Muny Opera.

pdqdl

pdqdl

Went to the St Louis Art Museum today.

I found an iron wood tree.

View attachment 862260
View attachment 862261

That tree is obviously dead. No leaves, no leaf buds for next spring, all the bark is gone.

You should give them a quote for removing it. Big open lawn area, it should be a piece o' cake. Include some budget for turf repair. When that sucker hits the ground, it'll probably dig in deep.

67L36Driver

67L36Driver

Tree Freak
That tree is obviously dead. No leaves, no leaf buds for next spring, all the bark is gone.

You should give them a quote for removing it. Big open lawn area, it should be a piece o' cake. Include some budget for turf repair. When that sucker hits the ground, it'll probably dig in deep.

Watch for random metal, it’s a yard tree after all.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.

Might need to up the bid a bit for chain wear.