ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Some WTF pics.....

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
74DDD9D8-421C-4EA6-899E-47BD3BBC8DA7_jpe-1660433.JPG

Hmm, how much does that stick weigh?
If he was smart enough not to put his head under it, he might have been smart enough not to put his truck under it.

And I felt like an idiot after putting 3500lb of corn in a F-100...but made it to the elevator OK.

Somewhere close to 4,000-6,000 lbs would be my guess. Maybe more, depending on the moisture content. That looks like 10' of 32" walnut log. At 63lbs per cubic foot, that would come in at the 2 tons mark.

I cut off a 4' long chunk of root flare off a silver maple once. The front end of the 30k crane hanging on to it took a nice jump when it slid off the stump 3 or 4 feet. When he managed to bring it back in, he told us it only weighed 2,500lbs. Of course, he was pretty much at his maximum reach for that weight, too. That log looks like a whole lot more wood than what we got close to trouble with.

pauljoseph

pauljoseph

ArboristSite Operative
Somewhere close to 4,000-6,000 lbs would be my guess. Maybe more, depending on the moisture content. That looks like 10' of 32" walnut log. At 63lbs per cubic foot, that would come in at the 2 tons mark.

I cut off a 4' long chunk of root flare off a silver maple once. The front end of the 30k crane hanging on to it took a nice jump when it slid off the stump 3 or 4 feet. When he managed to bring it back in, he told us it only weighed 2,500lbs. Of course, he was pretty much at his maximum reach for that weight, too. That log looks like a whole lot more wood than what we got close to trouble with.
Hard For me to imagine willfully choosing to put a log that big in my truck.

stillhunter

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite

A Chevy woulda hauled that log :chop::yes::rock: