ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some WTF pics.....

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
I had a '62 Scout when I let the Corps in 1989. Drove it from 29 Palms to San Antonio, picked up my Brother who took leave from Air Force and drove home to Maine. 55-60MPH loaded with everything I owned. Although it was like driving a tractor with manual steering and brakes, the engine ran exceptionally smooth.

SS396driver

SS396driver

To much wood
GMC Syclone and Chevy Typhoons are very sought after . Turbo V6 very high performance package.
I saw a '91 S15 auction today. $23,777.

Taxmantoo

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
My first vehicle was a Travelall with the 345.
My parents' first (and only) SUV.
Was either a 1970 or a 1971. Traded in on a 1973 F100.
Looking back I think dad wanted a truck, but at the time I was told they needed to dump the International because resale value was in the toilet.
He kept the F100 until it was only worth $600 private party, so much for resale values.
The year he bought a farm we did stuff with the F100 that we couldn't have done with the Travelall, then he got rid of the F100 and bought a used 3/4 ton GMC pickup.

Looking back, I'm sure they would have been better off if they'd kept the Travelall until they needed the 3/4 ton.

Taxmantoo

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
That's strong money.

In my little circle of Mercedes lovers, we call it BATCrack (Bring A Trailer pricing on crack).
The last time one of us sold a car there it wasn't totally on crack, but he got $13,800 for a car he would have cheerfully sold for $9k.

I think this $12k 240D from yesterday was definitely on crack, makes me want to repaint my 2.3-16, put a new exhaust on it, and see if I can get $15k.

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

ArboristSite Operative
I'm on an MBZ diesel forum, and the people there are just nuts:

1. Super enthusiasts with big money, who will use floor rollers when loading their car onto a trailer so they don't get any more miles on the car from pushing it on the trailer.

2. Super enthusiasts with no money, who complain that their 450k mile 40 year old ex Beirut taxi has body seams that aren't aligned within 0.5mm, while refusing to spend money on tire balancing.

3. People who are convinced these are the greatest cars on the planet for basic reliable daily transportation, completely ignoring that just about any 4cyl Japanese car made in the last 20 years(or Korean car made in the last 10) will get better mpg on cheaper fuel with less maintenance and better safety.

4. Idiots who have swapped one of these engines into something else. That'd be me. I'd be time, money, and weight ahead if I'd just swapped in a modern Toyota V6 when my 3.0 grenaded and forgot the diesel concept entirely. At the very least, should have gone with a Toyota diesel.

I'll never own a German car. Ever.

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
In my little circle of Mercedes lovers, we call it BATCrack (Bring A Trailer pricing on crack).
The last time one of us sold a car there it wasn't totally on crack, but he got $13,800 for a car he would have cheerfully sold for $9k.

Man. I'm flashing back to High School. My friend who lived next door got a 1963 220SE for I think his 17th birthday from his grandpa. This was in about 1988.

president

president

Addicted to ArboristSite
My parents' first (and only) SUV.
Was either a 1970 or a 1971. Traded in on a 1973 F100.
Looking back I think dad wanted a truck, but at the time I was told they needed to dump the International because resale value was in the toilet.
He kept the F100 until it was only worth $600 private party, so much for resale values.
The year he bought a farm we did stuff with the F100 that we couldn't have done with the Travelall, then he got rid of the F100 and bought a used 3/4 ton GMC pickup.

Looking back, I'm sure they would have been better off if they'd kept the Travelall until they needed the 3/4 ton.
loved the cornbinders,but rust was I H s achillies heel