ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some WTF pics.....

SS396driver

SS396driver

To much wood
In my little circle of Mercedes lovers, we call it BATCrack (Bring A Trailer pricing on crack).
The last time one of us sold a car there it wasn't totally on crack, but he got $13,800 for a car he would have cheerfully sold for $9k.

I think this $12k 240D from yesterday was definitely on crack, makes me want to repaint my 2.3-16, put a new exhaust on it, and see if I can get $15k.

I'm on an MBZ diesel forum, and the people there are just nuts:

1. Super enthusiasts with big money, who will use floor rollers when loading their car onto a trailer so they don't get any more miles on the car from pushing it on the trailer.

2. Super enthusiasts with no money, who complain that their 450k mile 40 year old ex Beirut taxi has body seams that aren't aligned within 0.5mm, while refusing to spend money on tire balancing.

3. People who are convinced these are the greatest cars on the planet for basic reliable daily transportation, completely ignoring that just about any 4cyl Japanese car made in the last 20 years(or Korean car made in the last 10) will get better mpg on cheaper fuel with less maintenance and better safety.

4. Idiots who have swapped one of these engines into something else. That'd be me. I'd be time, money, and weight ahead if I'd just swapped in a modern Toyota V6 when my 3.0 grenaded and forgot the diesel concept entirely. At the very least, should have gone with a Toyota diesel.

I'll never own a German car. Ever.
My uncle was a Studebaker dealer. Studebaker was the sole distributor for Mercedes late 50s early 60s after a few years my uncle refused to sell them . Seems their quality was sub par and it took months to get the warranty money from MB . He wouldn't even post a banner for them . Not his shop just off the internet

MB-StudebakerWeb.jpg

Taxmantoo

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
It is here according to King Philip I.

Princess Loogie is trying hard to keep NM on top.
Which is hard to do with places like NJ and MI in the competition.
Lujan's latest EO bans stores and churches of any size from having more than 75 people, and closes stores (No Groceries For You) if a handful of employees/patrons get false positives on quick tests.

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

ArboristSite Operative
Princess Loogie is trying hard to keep NM on top.
Which is hard to do with places like NJ and MI in the competition.
Lujan's latest EO bans stores and churches of any size from having more than 75 people, and closes stores (No Groceries For You) if a handful of employees/patrons get false positives on quick tests.

Kate Brown here in Oregon has instituted similar things. No in person gatherings of more than six people from more than two families. I expect it'll go just like Independence Day did, with everyone ignoring it. F Kate Brown. Cases are up, deaths and hospitalizations are not.

Marine-piper

Marine-piper

Homelite collector in training.☠
Is this an actual shirt or a joke because I went to the site and couldn't find it?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Taxmantoo

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
Is this an actual shirt or a joke because I went to the site and couldn't find it?

Click on the shirt pic in my post, it's an actual product link.

Meanwhile, in Anne Franke's Holland, I mean, Angela Merkel's Germany, Doctors are hiding in attics producing Youtube videos...
Yes, it's kind of political, but it's very much WTF.

Taxmantoo

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
Kate Brown here in Oregon has instituted similar things. No in person gatherings of more than six people from more than two families. I expect it'll go just like Independence Day did, with everyone ignoring it. F Kate Brown. Cases are up, deaths and hospitalizations are not.

One has to wonder if actual cases have gone up, or if flu shots cause false positives...

Taxmantoo

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
I must be doing something wrong because I can't seem to find a link for the t-shirt.

Story of the day (not mine):

I had a guy from Cleveland meet me at Menards with a trailer to come buy my Fairlane. Guy walks around it 10 times with his wife standing nearby talking about how he hates the color and it'll be at least $5k to repaint it black. Looks at me and says "knock off 4k and I'll take it right now".

I suggested he listen to it run 1st. I climbed in and fired up the 460 and left him standing there choking on a cloud of tire smoke.
Had to block his number at the next light.
Sold it the next day for asking price.

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.

Indian pins. Formerly a big part of girls gym classes...long before I was around. My mom had a couple of 'em, and she looked pretty formidable swinging them around. Supposedly exercise, but you really gotta wonder...
BTW: this is a worthy colorization of one I posted long ago.

Watch out! Granny has got her clubs out!