ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some WTF pics.....

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
From a 1904 school training exercise:

What a hoot! This video is from Kansas City. I have a friend that grew up in that area, although the school is gone now. Ritzy neighborhood smack in the middle of urban decline & towering housing apartments. Hyde Park was a secluded niche in the downtown sprawl.

Now, that location is a Home Depot sharing space with a Costco, with a Foreign language Magnet school more recently built on the south end of the 60 acre tract.

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
Here's a WTF compilation for ya

TimberMcPherson

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
I saw an old lady at a gas station get in her car, throttle it to the rev limiter, put in into reverse, smoke tyres fly backwards for about 30m towards the massive liquid petroleum tanks, then without braking put it into drive, smoking tyres again then launching forwards through the forecourt to only put it in reverse again after about 50m, more smoke and hurtling backwards again between all the fuel pumps and parked cars then hitting drive to do her final pass before directing the car onto the road and driving off. Probably all took less than 30 seconds but felt it took a year off my life.

pdqdl

Those Chinese folks are something else.

1606016592571.png

1606016618819.png

1606016647822.png

These are images from the Longyou caves. Entirely man-made, 24 enormous caves were carved out of solid stone. Over 2000 years ago.
EDIT: they have found more. The count is up to 36 grottos

"The caves are notable in several respects:
  • The caves are very large considering their man-made origin: the average floor area of each cave is over 1,000 square metres (11,000 sq ft), with heights of up to 30 metres (98 ft), and the total area covered is in excess of 30,000 square metres (320,000 sq ft).
  • The ceiling, wall and pillar surfaces are all finished in the same manner, as a series of parallel bands or courses about 60 cm wide containing parallel chiselling marks set at an angle of about 60° to the axis of the course.
  • They have maintained their structural integrity and appear not to interconnect with each other."
"The quantity of rock that would have been removed in the overall excavation of the grottoes is estimated to be nearly 1,000,000 cubic meters. ...there is no archaeological evidence revealing where that quantity of stone went, and no evidence of the work"

They were only discovered by some farmers in 1992. There aren't any records of who might have built them. Everybody seems to be clueless as to who built them or when.

pdqdl

1606018207646.png

"One of the most bizarre artifacts exhibited today in the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds, England, the peculiar horned helmet of Henry VIII has attracted much scholarly attention. Nevertheless, the horned helmet is still surrounded by much uncertainty. As its name suggests, scholars believe that the helmet once belonged to the notorious Tudor king, Henry VIII , and that it was part of a set of armor sent as a gift by Maximilian I, the Holy Roman Emperor."

pdqdl

Dragon and Griffin Megaliths Dating Back 12,000 Years to End of Ice Age, or Earlier​

'If we accept the fact that the dragon is an artificial object, then the stones composing it were brought, processed and installed in a certain position,' he said. 'The rock weighs over 120 tons. "

1606022301213.png

"Unknown ancient people left the newly discovered fantastical creatures hewn of granite in Altai Mountains. This dragon drawn on a rock weighing a staggering 120 tons is believed to be exceptionally old, a megalith designed by a mysterious ancient population about whom we know nothing.

The unique megaliths were located at Mokhnataya mountain in Altai region, some 20 kilometres from the resort town of Belokurikha.

Archeological researchers who found the granite monuments believe they date back deep into ancient history, and were put into position by prehistoric people, yet how they did so, and why, currently defies understanding.

The heavyweight dragon seems to be the oldest known image of this mythical creature in Russia."

Think about that for a minute: way north in Russia, there was a society skilled enough to carve & transport a 240,000 lb (109,000 kg) rock (presuming that they meant US short tons) about 9,000 years before the Egyptians started doing their thing, or the folks at Stonehenge (and almost 6 times heavier). And we know nothing about the folks that did it.

Myself, I thought about it longer. I haven't found anything resembling a scientific analysis of these claimed sculptures, and I think they are looking at natural rock formations with a nice dose of imagination added.