ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Some WTF pics.....

Capetown

Capetown

ArboristSite Member
I think the turbine is nearer the rear of the engine. What the operative is working on is the nose cowl! "A" frame steps aren't the most stable and he lacks the correct PPE ie ear defenders and bump cap. It would also be advisable to check the engine intake for FOD before flight. I never put anything in the intake whilst working, just to be on the safe side.

square1

square1

Addicted to ArboristSite
f6caf6020ee23f87fd296ee8583f7e50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm, I reckon the V8 Cruiser is worse, it's under the valley cover!
Cadillac Northstar V8 is under the valley cover. It's a PITA, but the absolute worst I've ever replaced was the Chevrolet Chevette. The 1st step is to electrically & mechanically disconnect and pull the steering column. The 2nd to the last step is assembling a 14 mm socket to a 6" extension, then while feeding this assembly through a maze starting up near the radiator, add a universal swivel, a 10" extension, and finally the ratchet to remove the top bolt holding the starter back near the firewall. Putting that top bolt back was nearly as much fun as removing it.
First starter replacement took close to 8 hours. By my 3rd, and final one (I owned several Chevettes) I had nearly cut that time in half.