ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Some WTF pics.....

derwoodii

derwoodii

Tree Freak
Sold all the gas off to china :nofunny:
is that who that is, i had thought johnny cant bowl cricket ball was the 5 cents a 1000 litres contract dealer

Perth, 2246km west, or Darwin 2669km north apparently shorter if you drive anti clock wise due to shorter curves vs longer when going clock wise
129135430_10217997956047459_419642860556124190_o.jpg

Is it quicker to drive around Australia clockwise or anticlockwise?

The short answer is anti-clockwise, as we drive on the left of the road. The extra few metres isn't going to make much difference, though when travelling in the anti-clockwise direction you will get the benefit of the Fremantle doctor when crossing the Nullabor. You can work out the difference mathematically: take an average distance between the lanes (3 metres) and the total road distance around Australia, turned that into a circle, and then work out the difference in circumference between the bigger and smaller circles. One suggestion is that it should be 2pi X (separation of the lanes) so say 3m between the lane centres - that's about 19m. It may not be that simple ..

anlrolfe

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
is that who that is, i had thought johnny cant bowl cricket ball was the 5 cents a 1000 litres contract dealer

Perth, 2246km west, or Darwin 2669km north apparently shorter if you drive anti clock wise due to shorter curves vs longer when going clock wise
View attachment 872361

Is it quicker to drive around Australia clockwise or anticlockwise?

The short answer is anti-clockwise, as we drive on the left of the road. The extra few metres isn't going to make much difference, though when travelling in the anti-clockwise direction you will get the benefit of the Fremantle doctor when crossing the Nullabor. You can work out the difference mathematically: take an average distance between the lanes (3 metres) and the total road distance around Australia, turned that into a circle, and then work out the difference in circumference between the bigger and smaller circles. One suggestion is that it should be 2pi X (separation of the lanes) so say 3m between the lane centres - that's about 19m. It may not be that simple ..
Now tell me it cost more to pave (asphalt) one route than the other.....
Something to drink beer and argue about I'm sure.