ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Some WTF pics.....

Biigg50

Addicted to ArboristSite

@stihlaficionado leaving Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
I calculated a 7% difference between the claimed acre-feet of Lake Superior and the reported area of N & S America. The United States comes in at 7% water coverage per square mile, and I am certain that Canada is much higher, while Mexico is almost certainly lower. I don't know about S America, but I would guess somewhere around 3% or less since they don't have a geologic history of huge glacial deposits (I think). Subtracting 7% off the reported square miles seems to bring the two figures pretty close.

So...Yooper's claim about covering both continents with a foot of water seems close enough for me to call it valid.
Does that take into consideration the area of the Rocky Mountains and other mountains on the continents? A 1 sq mile of flat ground has less surface area than a square mile with a 14,000' tall mountain on it.....

Hoowasat

ArboristSite Guru
Does that take into consideration the area of the Rocky Mountains and other mountains on the continents? A 1 sq mile of flat ground has less surface area than a square mile with a 14,000' tall mountain on it.....
Considering the base of the Rocky mountains is already about a mile high, that "14,000' tall mountain" is more likely only around 8,000' tall or less. The first time I went to the Rockies, I was underwhelmed because I was expecting more height-wise, and felt like I was back among the Appalachians.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
BB1cGi2S.img.jpeg

Cadillac's new Verticle Take Off & Landing(VTOL) drone as shown at the CES Expo.