pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
Communication in 2021:

DkkRF3EV4AIYIvC.jpg

turnkey4099

turnkey4099

Tree Freak
Damn near every tool I get from the rental yard!

This is the quality of your typical rental hammer:
View attachment 900934
"This is how a one use sledgehammer looks"

"You are already imagining your nuts ???"

Not ffamiliar wih that last word and can't understand the explanation in my Russian dictionary. I was surprised that I could still read that (except for the last word) after 50 years.

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
Yes they do, just not as often as you would like them to.

My problem with that picture is that the threads are impregnated with steel filings, When the easy-out works right, the threads come out clean, not covered up with crap.
It sat on my dirty work bench, definitely not shopped. :)

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
I wudn't suggesting shoppage. Just that it didn't look quite right.

As to your comment about 2nd most satisfying thing: I can think of quite a few more satisfying things than a successful extraction. I'm gonna bypass consideration for what you considered #1, but I can think of a lot of those, too. When I think back upon the high points of my life, none of my many bolt-extractions come to mind.
  • birth of a child
  • marriage
  • final payment on home, car, or other asset. Perhaps the initial loan approval, too.
  • graduation from a school that you worked long and hard on.
  • graduation of a child from school, particularly an expensive one that was costing you money.
  • final payment on a government obligation (for which they can throw you in jail).
  • waking up still alive, following a harrowing event or recovery from a surgery. I've done quite a few of both! The fear of death has little grip on me; I have been right up close and faced it too many times.
  • getting praise for a hard job well done.
  • narrowly escaping an obligation that you really, really didn't want to be stuck with.
  • returning after 20 years to a job you did and seeing that it still looks good, a testimonial to your talent. If you don't have this on your list of satisfying things, then you haven't been working hard enough to do a good job!
  • maybe just for this website: having that chainsaw fire right up on the 2nd pull, after a laborious restoration and engine mod.
Perhaps you guys will make some other suggestions as to what the most satisfying things in life are.