ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Some WTF pics.....

GrizG

GrizG

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reminds me of the time my brother lost a wheel on his Land Rover while on the Tappen Zee Bridge. Apparently he didn't tighten the lug nuts.... He chased down the wandering wheel during rush hour traffic and retrieved it. Then he took a lug nut off each of the other wheels and put them on the forth. He didn't have an over drive unit in the thing and he could barely maintain the speed limit... That was when he was working a union job as a tin knocker in Tarrytown while living in the Saugerties area... I don't recall the exact model but it was sort of like these in red with a white top with the spare on the hood. Definitely not a highway cruiser. ;)

1623806608071.png

1623806779703.png

lowandslow

lowandslow

ArboristSite Guru
I had a problem with the phone company parking on my freshly graded and seeded lawn. They parked their truck there 3 Fridays in a row. The third time they parked there, I parked in front of and behind the truck so close the driver couldnt get his truck out. I had already warned the truck driver and talked to the company headquarters, and they had to come out and fix the ruts in my lawn the first two times the truck parked there. Of course they called the law and the law came to try and make me move my cars, but nope, I am parked on my property right where I want to be parked and I aint moving my cars. Multiple calls from phone company headquarters and them sending a supervisor to my home, who then brought in a crew of men with shovels and rakes and seed to fix my lawn. Also only after them signing a letter stating that they knew the property belonged to me and that further trespass by parking their truck on my lawn would result in forfeture of the vehicle, I then moved my cars, they moved their truck and I supervised the raking and reseeding of my lawn. The next friday, the phone company truck was parked on the opposite side of the road.
I am incapable of caring about grass.

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
"String Lined"
about a good of explanation as anything. They had what looks like 4 or 5 empty ttx cars directly behind the engines. the rest of the train looks to be loaded freight cars. The force of the pull on the loaded cars caused the light cars to simply straighten out, or string line would be a accurate statement. I have worked many derailments caused by similar situations. Usually this happens on a steep grade or steep curves or under emergency braking situations.