ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Some WTF pics.....

Fishinfreak99

Fishinfreak99

ArboristSite Operative
View attachment 618081

It was made about 50yrs ago by a close deceased relative. Black walnut wood.
It's not a mask, it's about 10lbs and solid.
You could easily pull off a murder with it.
I have several solid looking masks that I bought when working in Africa. Kinda looks like one that I have. Mine are pretty much solid too. They aren't meant to be worn just for show. And mine is made from a wood the locals called cam wood and it's the hardest wood I've ever came in contact with. Just so dense and it's a really dark red color.

Jhenderson

Jhenderson

ArboristSite Guru
The boy was trying to lever the log up so that it wouldn't bind. Had a bit of difficulty at first, but they got it.

Wrong side of the cut??? If he pried it the other way (standing on it) it would bind even more.

Wrong side of the girls. Every time he would pry UP it would bind the saw. If he was on the other side of the girls and pried up it would allow the stump end to hang and let the saw run free.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Wrong side of the girls. Every time he would pry UP it would bind the saw. If he was on the other side of the girls and pried up it would allow the stump end to hang and let the saw run free.
I suppose it would have been 'better' on the trunk side, for then the trunk wouldn't drop, but I wouldn't say that it was 'wrong' to be on the stump side. He still managed to pry it up and prevent binding.

Obligatory pic: