ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Some WTF pics.....

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
That looks pretty cool, but I'll bet the thin flywheel base isn't big or heavy enough to keep it stable. They should have gotten a flywheel from something with a big clutch instead of an automatic.
I hate to correct you ( lololololo! ) but that’s a flexplate.:p

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
I know that. The starter spins it around, it hooks up to the torque converter, and down the road you go. I have put in quite a few of them for a guy that isn't a mechanic. You can call it a flexplate, I call it a flywheel. Always have; it's probably too late to fix me now.

It's still a crappy base for a huge chunk of topheavy steel table.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. "Thin flywheel base" is referring to the thin base of the table made with a flywheel (flexplate!), not the thin base of a flywheel. :dizzy:

I know what most of the other stuff in that table is too. I have been breaking all kinds of machines for 35 years now, and except for automatic transmissions & tractor differentials, I take them all apart and put them back together again. Hell! Sometimes they even work right when I am done.

Dolmar Enthusiast

Dolmar Enthusiast

Saw Stalker
I know that. The starter spins it around, it hooks up to the torque converter, and down the road you go. I have put in quite a few of them for a guy that isn't a mechanic. You can call it a flexplate, I call it a flywheel. Always have; it's probably too late to fix me now.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. "Thin flywheel base" is referring to the base of the table, not the base of a flywheel. :dizzy:
Perhaps an actual flywheel would cure your crappy base blues....

Lots of folks call em that (not me)
Don't feel bad, my wife couldn't figure out why she couldn't find a "oil intake" on the internet today,
I asked if she was actually looking for the oil pump pickup?
At least she tries....

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak

Perhaps you misunderstood me. "Thin flywheel base" is referring to the thin base of the table made with a flywheel (flexplate!), not the thin base of a flywheel. :dizzy:

I know what most of the other stuff in that table is too. I have been breaking all kinds of machines for 35 years now, and except for automatic transmissions & tractor differentials, I take them all apart and put them back together again. Hell! Sometimes they even work right when I am done.
Just busting your balls, call it whatever’s you want.:p

pdqdl

pdqdl

pdqdl

pdqdl

I know you guys are just busting me; it's not like I don't ask for it most of the time. Probably more than any other five of you in this thread.

I'm still stuck on "flywheel" though; My transmission guy tried to educate me on that topic when we broke the center out of our flexplate in a recently repaired transmission. So...y're not the first person to try to fix my vocabulary shortcomings.

Dolmar Enthusiast

Dolmar Enthusiast

Saw Stalker
I kinda thought that was my point with the original post on the topic. :angry:
I don't know, let me go back up and read it, I showed up late and your rights to discribe it in any manner you see fit, was already being discussed. So only gave a cursory glance at the OP, will report back....

You are welcome to call it anything you want and be proud doing it and if I repeated your original design modification prototype tenitive plan I do apologize for the unintentional plageriszation...