ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Some WTF pics.....

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
View attachment 735598

Contributing factor to the post-war baby boom
Little did most folks know: the Russians (Soviet era) made the very best accordions. I went on a trip with the UMKC accordion orchestra once; they claimed that they were the very best university-level accordion orchestra in the country. They said they had never lost a competition.

They also feared greatly the visiting Russian orchestra on account of how much better their accordions sounded. My friends told me that the Bayan accordions were a very closely guarded secret, and that nobody could have one except performers for the Soviet Union. It probably didn't hurt that they also brought their amplifiers as well. UMKC didn't have any.

They were right. The Russians sounded better, and the unbeaten US team took a hit. While discussing their loss, they complained about all the mistakes they heard the other orchestra make, the styles they played with, and how powerful and melodic they sounded.

You have all heard this tune. Compare for yourself:

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Little did most folks know: the Russians (Soviet era) made the very best accordions. I went on a trip with the UMKC accordion orchestra once; they claimed that they were the very best university-level accordion orchestra in the country. They said they had never lost a competition.

They also feared greatly the visiting Russian orchestra on account of how much better their accordions sounded. My friends told me that the Bayan accordions were a very closely guarded secret, and that nobody could have one except performers for the Soviet Union.

They were right. The Russians sounded better, and the unbeaten US team took a hit. While discussing their loss, they complained about all the mistakes they heard the other orchestra make, the styles they played with, and how powerful and melodic they sounded.

You have all heard this tune. Compare for yourself:
I grew up listening to the accordion as my dad(Ukrainian) played it as well as my sister.