• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some WTF pics.....

grizz55chev

grizz55chev

Tree Freak
TimberMcPherson

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
I'm of the mind that the Sherman tank was more about advancing infantry than battling tank on tank.
They were small and maneuverable. Pershings would have filled the landing craft and perhaps never made it ashore in quantities to have made a difference. The Sherman field mod (toothed ripper) to punch through the hedge rows kept allied forces moving forward and if not for that who's to say where we'd be.

I didnt mean that they sherman should have been left behind as I agree it was a good infantry tank (although more should have had diesel engines), I meant that the pershing (or at least more fireflys, not sure why they US didnt) should have been fielded in decent numbers by the time D day came about. Its not like they didnt have the time or resources to do it, or were aware that they would be facing panthers, tigers and tank destroyers. The wolverine was a pretty lousy stop gap due to its open turret.

The russians were under no illusion that they needed to show up ready to take the fight to the best tanks the Nazis had

derwoodii

derwoodii

Tree Freak
Website
www.arboristsite.com
How often do you specify bentonite to seal the ponds?

I have never used it, but I hear good things about it's waterproofing ability.

i used it on my paddock dam that had formed a slow leak & it worked and sealed leak fine... and i figured out where to buy Bentonite cheap ( a steel foundrys use it for case molds and sell it bulk very cheap) then how best to apply it,,,, id just shovel throw it over the water surface & let it slowly settle down to bottom ,, note dont do this with any wind pick calm cool morning ..

A kool off shoot was the fine colloid clay flocked the water column and filtered out suspended sediments this cleaned the water & this killed starved off a water weed azolla that had plague my dam for years win and win

http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agric...echnical-resources/azolla-growth-in-farm-dams

wholesale-supply-for-azolla-500x500.jpg