ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Some WTF pics.....

Hddnis

Hddnis

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 754882

Found it!!!!!
Don’t ask how.....

That photo was pinned by tirekingzatl on pinterest, as you can see below it.

The photo on pinterest came from tumblr.

Original photo was taken by Klaus Leidorf and he titled it "Aerial view of a car tyre heap at the cement plant in Harburg (Schwaben)"

He has several more photos of the tires on flickr, one of which is titled "Aerial view of a pile of car tyres to be burned in a cement plant."

So, pile of tires to be burned for fuel at a cement plant in Germany.

Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S

Tree Freak
That photo was pinned by tirekingzatl on pinterest, as you can see below it.

The photo on pinterest came from tumblr.

Original photo was taken by Klaus Leidorf and he titled it "Aerial view of a car tyre heap at the cement plant in Harburg (Schwaben)"

He has several more photos of the tires on flickr, one of which is titled "Aerial view of a pile of car tyres to be burned in a cement plant."

So, pile of tires to be burned for fuel at a cement plant in Germany.
Know nothing about Flickr
I found one specific detail and google “huge tire pile”
And kept looking.....sad.....isn’t it.
Told you not to ask....

Hddnis

Hddnis

Addicted to ArboristSite
Know nothing about Flickr
I found one specific detail and google “huge tire pile”
And kept looking.....sad.....isn’t it.
Told you not to ask....

Well, I didn't ask....I figured it could be your little secret.;)

I just happened to know the context and so I figured I'd share to satiate the curiosity of the collective.

I do find it interesting that what is basically a big pile of garbage waiting to be burned as fuel, when defined by the limits of a lens, can spark wonder in people and make them ask questions, give them an interest in something they would otherwise dismiss, based solely on the absence of context.

Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S

Tree Freak
Well, I didn't ask....I figured it could be your little secret.;)

I just happened to know the context and so I figured I'd share to satiate the curiosity of the collective.

I do find it interesting that what is basically a big pile of garbage waiting to be burned as fuel, when defined by the limits of a lens, can spark wonder in people and make them ask questions, give them an interest in something they would otherwise dismiss, based solely on the absence of context.
Glad you got the skills.....I still work the library........computer......not so much.
Just never got into it yet. Too many projects. And have friends that can do it.
I machine for them.
Retiring soon. Maybe then.

And why folks care about trash.......don’t know. But there is “Reality TV” to prove they do.

aussie_1968

aussie_1968

ArboristSite Operative

"Fukushima in Japan in 2011. Here we can see how far the pollution from that event has extended over our planet."
it is probably a lot worse now. the ice wall they wanted to install in 2015 apparently failed to do its job, so radioactive ground water has been leaking into the ocean since it happened, apart from the water they pumped into the tanks, which they were talking about releasing as well.
can remember having read something about them having proved cesium in i think it was Californian wine, which apparently was from fukushima. apparently reactor types use certain/specific materials, so they can track it (somewhat)
if that is all true, then that is scary stuff........