• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some WTF pics.....

Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S

Tree Freak
I'm talking about a VFD that takes a single phase 230 VAC input and outputs a 3 phase 230 VAC output. As far as I know there is no VFD that takes a single phase input and outputs 480.
Just a quick look had 25hp pipe organ blower 220 single to 220 3 phase.
I think I got it right. I’ll look later.
Been testing pumps.
We use them for soft starts but we have 3 phase
Haven’t looked at them in years.
Prices came down.....

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
This is a bit different: Hoola hooping on the violin. The girl in the middle is said to be one of the top 10 violinists of all time. If you don't like Paganini (the composer), then you probably won't like this too much.

I couldn't even pretend to hula that long, much less play one of the toughest violin pieces written.

bubmiller

bubmiller

ArboristSite Guru
Just a quick look had 25hp pipe organ blower 220 single to 220 3 phase.
I think I got it right. I’ll look later.
Been testing pumps.
We use them for soft starts but we have 3 phase
Haven’t looked at them in years.
Prices came down.....
The first real process in a VFD is conversion to DC via a series of rectifiers. Therefore, once you turn off phase detection error reporting, the drive is pretty much blind to what's feeding it. You do need to oversize when feeding with single phase. For example, I sold a 40 hp vfd for a 20 hp pump. If they would have had three phase, I could have cut that in half.

'Liberals' -- nature's most violent