• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Some WTF pics.....

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
Friend of mine found a set of keys with a Powerhouse Gym member tag. He called the gym, they gave him the customers' address, phone number, everything. She was glad to get her keys back but a bit miffed at the gym after he pointed out that they told him where the keys would work.
I found a wallet in the street, I drove by the first time going to town, coming home it was still there, so I picked it up. Had the drivers license, so I could have taken it back, but it was a good ways from me. In the card holder was a day care center just down the road. I called and asked if they had a kid with the last name on the drivers license. She didn't say anything for a second, so I said I just found the wallet, and if they had the kid, could they call the parent and give them my number. She said thanks and she couldn't give me that info, but she would call the parent. A few seconds later a lady called, it was her husbands wallet, and he worked just down the road from me. When I took it back he said he figured it was gone for sure. He had gotten gas two nights before and set the wallet on top of the car, and forgot it. It had been pouring rain for two days and heaven knows how many people drove past it. It had a few bucks in the money slot, but there was a little flap that had several $100 bills in it. When I walked in the office and held up the wallet everyone started clapping. He tried to give me a $100 bill and I wouldn't take it, so he got a $50 and said, "Take your wife out to dinner on me". So I did.

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
That’s really sad, so many women are being subject to the consequences of somebody else’s social experiment. They work their whole lives to compete for a victory and some selfish prick steps in and takes it from them. And it’s celebrated! A truly WTF. Anything in the name of progress I suppose.
Well, if you can't compete in your own division, what else is there to do?

WRW

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
Visit site
I knew bullets could bounce off water, but never knew they left on a steeper trajectory than you fired them.

There was a thread on arfcom last weekend. A guy missed a skunk. Instead of harmlessly burying itself in the dirt, the bullet hit a rock underground, turned back towards the house, left the ground and clipped a coil in the A/C condenser.
As a youth I had read of Swiss competition target shooting bouncing off water. Having searched for it several times, a different search engine brought up one site containing a reference to such competitions. Of course, that region has whole mountains for backstops.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/ricochet-target-shooting-off-of-water.671164/

TRTermite

TRTermite

ArboristSite Guru
That’s really sad, so many women are being subject to the consequences of somebody else’s social experiment. They work their whole lives to compete for a victory and some selfish prick steps in and takes it from them. And it’s celebrated! A truly WTF. Anything in the name of progress I suppose.
"In the name of progress"?
I think of the movie Crocodile Dundee and how he checked for a he/she issue. Now days with all the surgical procedures available,,, Makes one wonder what the outcome would be of a remake ..

TRTermite

TRTermite

ArboristSite Guru
Don't need no Badges........Bogart movie
When you start watching the video you start noticing little details in the background.. Like the guy by the soda machine choking (?on a chicken sandwich?) or the guy next to him coughed a time or two but maybe there was some mace or something in the air and another fella next to him so calm.. sipping on a soda and a gal to the left looks like she could step in and take over (TAG TEAM)
Would make a heck of a scene in a Theater PLAY
I am glad to not have had sisters that reacted like this I would have turned out a whole lot different as in a wheelchair or dead.. My parents knew I wasn't innocent when it came to tripping triggers

lowandslow

lowandslow

ArboristSite Guru
I found a wallet in the street, I drove by the first time going to town, coming home it was still there, so I picked it up. Had the drivers license, so I could have taken it back, but it was a good ways from me. In the card holder was a day care center just down the road. I called and asked if they had a kid with the last name on the drivers license. She didn't say anything for a second, so I said I just found the wallet, and if they had the kid, could they call the parent and give them my number. She said thanks and she couldn't give me that info, but she would call the parent. A few seconds later a lady called, it was her husbands wallet, and he worked just down the road from me. When I took it back he said he figured it was gone for sure. He had gotten gas two nights before and set the wallet on top of the car, and forgot it. It had been pouring rain for two days and heaven knows how many people drove past it. It had a few bucks in the money slot, but there was a little flap that had several $100 bills in it. When I walked in the office and held up the wallet everyone started clapping. He tried to give me a $100 bill and I wouldn't take it, so he got a $50 and said, "Take your wife out to dinner on me". So I did.
You made the world a little better, good job!