Somewhat Out of the loop bar wise?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GB Pro-Top & Titanium bars I used were very good. Then all of a sudden they seemed to disappear stateside, at least where I was working. Assuming they’re still the same I put them up in the same tier as Cannon & Stihl. Good tips and good, long wearing rails.

The tips are an exact swap out for Cannon tips......... ;)

So you cannot buy anything on e-bay? Tarriffs too high?

We can sign up to Aussie, UK and possibly US ebay, but a lot of places/sellers will either not ship here- or charge an arm and two legs to do so- much the same as how it works for us with Amazon.
One of the problems with being a small Island Nation somewhat isolated from the rest of the World.

We can sign up to Aussie, UK and possibly US ebay, but a lot of places/sellers will either not ship here- or charge an arm and two legs to do so- much the same as how it works for us with Amazon.
One of the problems with being a small Island Nation somewhat isolated from the rest of the World.
So it is super expensive from Australia?

Griffith & Bereens did a joint venture a while back like 10+ years ago where they partners up with a China or Taiwan guy and produced a few runs of cheap homeowner bars. G/B broke off that arrangement and part of the deal was letting their Asian partner keep all the chitty bars. Now all the bars are produced in Australia as far as I know. Quality should be good. The titaniums which aren't really titanium (maybe 3% or something) are damn expensive here, if you can get them at $45 for 18" that is good value.

Huh.

I thought GB was Granberg. Never even heard of Griffith & Bereens.

Same here... lots of outfits flat out won't ship to Alaska, or they will, but want a ridiculous shipping fee.

It's extremely irritating when it's something that makes no sense to not ship or be expensive.

Tried to buy multi vitamins off Amazon earlier this morning.
$10 for 150ct...Amazon Prime
Won't ship to here.

So it is super expensive from Australia?

Can be- and can take up to a month to get here.

Are you all bitter enemies like the U.S. and Canada?

Yep- when pitted against each other, but put an Aussie and a Kiwi in a bar anywhere in the World drinking together and they will belittle each other until the cows come home, argue about who has the best rugby team (which of course is the Kiwi team!), who owns the rights to Pavlova dessert........ but if one of the locals upsets either, they will get up as a pair and fight the entire bar back to back- it is called the ANZAC spirit.

How are the 40+ year old McCulloch bars that constitute most of my chainsaw bars? How do they stack up against a modern bar? I've rarely worn a bar out...

Latest posts

Back