ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Songbirds and Salmonellis

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite

Del_

Career arborist

They're blaming it on the feeders... what about the source of the bird seed?
The feeders cause an abnormally High concentration of birds. Birds have salmonella in their feces so it's easily spread in high concentrations, like a trump rally, except less feces.

lone wolf

MS 200T King

They dont want them congregating at feeders,maybe if they wore masks!

slowp

Tree Freak
Like the crap you spread jerk!
You just can't be nice, can you. This was a pretty benign, non aggressive thread, and then you had to ruin it. I suggest you look around and try to think about what is going well for your life, and then try to have a better outlook. Maybe take a day or two off from the net? Go somewhere where there is no signal? Lots of places to do that here. it would be very good for you.

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
Oh great....so now I have to start cleaning and changing out the water often in our birdbath? :nofunny:

We have a bird feeder as well. I haven't seen any signs of ill or dead birds. We've had a bird feeder for decades. No issues that I'm aware of.

Maybe it's just California? Lots of weird crap goes on there. :popcorn2:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 899647
ya, like birds don't naturally congregate. Man, there's so much rubbish spewed everyday.
Yeah... glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
People get salmonella by eating contaminated food.
Why would it be any different for these birds - I want to know the source of the bird seed that went into those feeders.

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun; Seeds.
i would also suspect that most birds live with a fairly large and entirely healthy population of salmonella constantly, so I doubt that salmonella has anything to do with dead birds.

what are they spraying on California farmland this time of year? What are they using in the urban areas?
anything appearing in the water?

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun; Seeds.
The feeders cause an abnormally High concentration of birds. Birds have salmonella in their feces so it's easily spread in high concentrations, like a trump rally, except less feces.
Del's pretty funny today, lol.

however, I don't think that dead birds have anything to do with salmonella. It's more likely a chemical, imo.

lone wolf

MS 200T King
You just can't be nice, can you. This was a pretty benign, non aggressive thread, and then you had to ruin it. I suggest you look around and try to think about what is going well for your life, and then try to have a better outlook. Maybe take a day or two off from the net? Go somewhere where there is no signal? Lots of places to do that here. it would be very good for you.
I can can be nice just not to smart mouth liberals like him and you " Dont move here" thats nice right? Your boy Del was insulting or cant you read?

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite

From the first article
“Salmonellis is almost exclusively reported from locations with bird feeders where birds congregate,” the CDFW said."

So, common sense, and 63 years of observation, tells me the "where birds congregate" is BS.
That leaves "bird feeders" suspect.... and, specifically, what's in them.

lone wolf

MS 200T King
From the first article
“Salmonellis is almost exclusively reported from locations with bird feeders where birds congregate,” the CDFW said."

So, common sense, and 63 years of observation, tells me the "where birds congregate" is BS.
That leaves "bird feeders" suspect.... and, specifically, what's in them.
Well whats your theory on how they got it ?