Sooteater RCH205 Rotary Chimney Cleaning System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XTROOPER

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone use the
Sooteater RCH205 Rotary Chimney Cleaning System? I have been heating with firewood for 7 years. I have been having problems with chimney fires even though I clean the chimney every month and make sure I use seasoned wood. The last time I had the fire 1 hour after cleaning the chimney. Will this spinning system work? Thanks XTROOPER

if its that bad you need to re think the way you burn...
unless you only think its a chimney fire, it could just be drafting really well and pulling the fire right up the chimney, mine does that sometimes and sounds just like a chimney fire, usually does it when i open the door or ash door when its full of wood.
either way you should figure out whats going on!

Two things i feel really need to be addressed: why do you need to clean your chimney and why are you having constant chimney fires? This needs to be fixed NOW! What are you using for a stove and firewood? How do you burn? What is your chimney set up?

I just wasted five minutes googling this product. Looks to me like an infomercial piece of crap. If your having chimney fires you need to get your system professionally inspected and/or cleaned.

I would not burn until it's professionally inspected, you are in danger of death and or burning your house down!

Tell use more of you set up, stove type, (chimney location, height,
Lined, dimensions)
The soot eater is well received on **********....

Latest posts

Back