Sounds like a Stihl dealer sold a new older saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my m tronic saws start on the 1st or 2nd pull, my ms 260 pros start on the 1st or 2nd pull I have about 40 more that I don't run but maybe once or twice a year may take 3 or 4 pulls I have one huskie that starts sometimes and sometimes not lol

Thank you guys,
My first advice was to tell him to open the low speed jet. As suggested here. It now starts on the third pull choked. Why couldn’t the dealer see it was too rich.

Next I’ll tell him about the half choke. Thanks for your help again.

He has no husky dealers nearby. I’ll push him to get a husky saw. He had a husky rancher 55 before.

Thank you guys,
My first advice was to tell him to open the low speed jet. As suggested here. It now starts on the third pull choked. Why couldn’t the dealer see it was too rich.

Next I’ll tell him about the half choke. Thanks for your help again.

He has no husky dealers nearby. I’ll push him to get a husky saw. He had a husky rancher 55 before.
No Husqvarna dealers anywhere near me either. But I can still get them online.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

My 291(same base design) takes off easily after one pull on choke, and one or two on half choke... bump the trigger and start cutting. I don't use it very often, but it has a good track record thus far.
That saw was a save from the dumpster with a scorched piston(longvstory) and was a rebuild by me out of pure stubbornness.
My 661 C-M takes one or 2 cold incl. choke pulls after sitting for a week, and is the easiest starting saw I own. it Hasn't sat more than a week in the time I have owned it, so can't say anything about starting after sitting longer.
I have older saws that take 10-15 pulls on the first cut, and have since new, but Fire up great on the first pull the rest of the day. Most of my husky's take 10 pulls or roughly thereabouts on a cold start, and are fairly reliable machines most of the time-
with the odd but infrequent won't-start-at-all issue common to every single one of my husky's, at which point I pick a different saw for the day.

I’m surprised the dealer couldn’t adjust the carb. He told him that’s the way this model saw is. He tried it many times now and it starts right up. He opened the low speed jet like you guys said here.

Not all dealers are created equal. The day of the box store is here. The dealers who know how to work on things are dissspearing.

Latest posts

Back