ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Speaking of winter.........

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
I'm well aware of the downside to them. I'm much more worried about getting into my car, or on my m/c and getting hit by an idiot who wasn't paying attention to driving and was on their "smartphone".

BTW......I've been using a propane heater of some sort in my garages for over four (4) decades. The secret is, you gotta be smarter than the tool you are using. ;)
It's fairly common for people to be killed by CO poisoning from unflued LPG heaters, recently I heard some were using a LGP patio heater inside their house & died because of it.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
I Have ever never seen people stupid enough to put unflued wood stoves, gas furnaces & fireplaces in a house or room, but they will put an unflued gas heater in there.

People die each & every year from using a propane or some other form of temporary heat source in their homes. In our previous home, we had an un-vented natural gas fired stove (Jotul) in the corner of our dining room. Efficient (99%) as could be. It was designed and permitted to be used indoors w/o any outside venting.

We had it in-place and used it for well over 20 years. Never an issue. But, at night prior to bed, it got turned off. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Period!

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
People die each & every year from using a propane or some other form of temporary heat source in their homes. In our previous home, we had an un-vented natural gas fired stove (Jotul) in the corner of our dining room. Efficient (99%) as could be. It was designed and permitted to be used indoors w/o any outside venting.

We had it in-place and used it for well over 20 years. Never an issue. But, at night prior to bed, it got turned off. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Period!
Several years ago, I considered buying those to replace the vented natural gas heaters in my farmhouse.
After a little research I decided not to since several sources said they leave a sooty residue on the walls.
Did you have an issue with that?

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
Several years ago, I considered buying those to replace the vented natural gas heaters in my farmhouse.
After a little research I decided not to since several sources said they leave a sooty residue on the walls.
Did you have an issue with that?

None at all. It burned as clean and as efficient as could be.