Speeco 22 ton problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prior to purchasing mine I did some research and found that these briggs engines had "issues." There are several threads on this site discussing these problems and also solutions. One of the most common solutions was the addition of a fuel shut-off. I added the shut-off and also squeezed a fuel filter in the line as well. I don't remember where I read it, but the use of premium unleaded is not just recommended, but required. After purchasing the splitter (pre-assembled) I fixed the hydraulic leaks (one broken hose clamp and one loose) and ran it for a couple of hours then drained the oil and replaced it with synthetic 15W-30. I haven't had the chance to run it during periods of cold weather, but so far it has run flawlessly.

We had to add the fuel shut off to ours also, seems the tank was mounted higher than the motor and gravity was letting gas seep into the motor when not in use and and causing problems, the crankcase oil smelled of gas.

Latest posts

Back