ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Split tail

Discussion in 'Recreational Tree Climbing' started by hosocat, Dec 23, 2018.

1. hosocat

hosocat ArboristSite Lurker

Apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I searched but couldn't find anything. I have a cougar saddle with the webbing bridge. I've been climbing Blake's, but just recently got a split tail to make advancing a bit quicker. Is there a best way to have a single tie in on the saddle bridge? Right now i clip 2 biners onto bridge, one for splittail and one for terminal end. No problems wit it, but i think id like to get a single tie in to bridge just to clean things up. Any suggestions on what works best?

2. Jed1124

Jed1124 Addicted to ArboristSite

Hitchclimber

3. hosocat

Thanks Jed. That's probably the direction I'm heading. Still a beginner, and getting familiar with the basics and trying to keep it simple for now. Trouble is, I like the gadgets and want to try out different stuff also!

4. hosocat

Has anyone seen a good solution to the dilemma of not having a spliced eye on the end of the climbing rope and wanting to use a hitch climber pully, since hitch climber recommends against using termination knots on the carabiner attached to the hitch climber?