splitter crapped out.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
my old reliable 1992 duerr 20 ton finally took its last crap! one new engine and a new control valve over 20 long years and she don't owe me a sliver of wood! to change things up, mills fleet farm had a sale on a lumber jack 25 ton for 910.00 out the door. got it home and filled the gas tank, started on the 5th pull(after turning the electric switch on) and let it run for 15 minutes for a break in at full throttle... after a few short pulls to see how it would start I was impressed.. kohler engines work pretty darn good! went and split 2/3rds cord of dead standing jack pine in 45 minutes and impressed again as to how little effort it took compared to the old splitter. not sure how much gas it took but not sure it used much. tomorrow it will get its real test on 38 blocks of fresh green red oak that are 24" to 30" and 16" to 20" lengths... the duerr splitter was American made! the new splitter was made in that far off land that owns this country, so we shall see if it lasts 20 plus years?

New work toys are always fun to use. I think over time, very gradually things lose power and we don't notice it till we use something that is new and then the difference is obvious. Like the breaks on a car. They wear so slowly we don't notice there not as good as they were when new. I got a good 15+ years out of my husky 22 ton. And it still worked when I sold it. Sometimes that china stuff works and last a good while. Then again, sometimes not. I hope you get years of good service out of it.

New work toys are always fun to use. I think over time, very gradually things lose power and we don't notice it till we use something that is new and then the difference is obvious. Like the breaks on a car. They wear so slowly we don't notice there not as good as they were when new. I got a good 15+ years out of my husky 22 ton. And it still worked when I sold it. Sometimes that china stuff works and last a good while. Then again, sometimes not. I hope you get years of good service out of it.
My wife gets so mad at me for this, but really I'm just kidding... REALLY! ..BREAKS? BRAKES...

lol ? I get the same from the purer other half even after 37 years!?? don't matter if its "crapped out" or just "took a **** on me" ?? lol
Now, THAT'S funny.. You're a good sport.. I'm a hypocrite cuz my syntax ain't such great neader

As long as we are correcting his grammar:

there
they're
their
There is a difference, learn them.
My mother would correct my spelling and then say, write it 10 times. I think the times have declared an ARTISTIC LIBERTY, with the younger generation using so many shortcuts.

as long as we get the point it really don't matter to many of us old phart's! proper English or written English is about the same as old math and new math ! the sum of the answer is owned by the receiver....
I do agree..

! "BREAK,S - BREAK'S" ?? REALLY, BREAK,S … with just a $5.00 piece of metal and a little American made time the old American piece of iron comes back from the dead to live again(don't know for how long since the metal piece came from another closer far off land)… either way the newer work toy did its job pushing its way through the over sized oak blocks in a little over 6.5 hours to make a nice pile of hand sized splits.

Back