Splitter pops out of return

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
When I put the splitter handle back to the auto return it occasionally pops out into neutral. It seems to be happening more and more often lately. I don’t really have any good pics of the valve. I don’t know if it’s adjustable or anything like that. My guess is something is getting worn out. Any advise?

Attachments

• CA07D5F2-867C-4526-98BC-7D01C76659C8.jpeg
    CA07D5F2-867C-4526-98BC-7D01C76659C8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • BF445831-03BC-4516-BE5F-8973889D3F1D.jpeg
    BF445831-03BC-4516-BE5F-8973889D3F1D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
Should be an adjustment under that cap nut thing under the lever. Some valves you can rotate the spool 180° to make the problem go away, and I've done that too, but my valve is different from that one.

When mine did it, I removed the cap and cleaned everything up, greased it a bit, then reinstalled. Solved the problem.

Don’t remove the cap before you search on here for ”lost balls” and how to reassemble the detent. Otherwise you’ll be getting familiar with a number of nooks and crannies in your work area that you never knew existed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't say I have ever been around that brand of valve. Spool were the detent rides is probably getting worn. Really need to add a T and gauge on the inlet of the valve so you can see if just the detent pressure needs adjusted. Need to check on line for that brand of splitter and find what brand of valve it is and then see if you can find a parts break down. A new prince valve that is a very good quality valve is only around a hundred dollars.

My was doing the same thing. Ended up when I took cap off I could see the return ball had worn a groove in the detent. Bought a new valve.

When I put the splitter handle back to the auto return it occasionally pops out into neutral. It seems to be happening more and more often lately. I don’t really have any good pics of the valve. I don’t know if it’s adjustable or anything like that. My guess is something is getting worn out. Any advise?
whats the make on the splitter?

Back