Splitter project help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alot of the older dump trucks were a low pressure system with large cylinders to compensate. Hopefully all that you will need to do is adjust the relief valve.

Hang in there, it's a little agrevating now but in the end it will be worth it.

Eurka!!

:hmm3grin2orange: Well, it finally works. I got the new Prince valve today, took the old one off and reconnected everything. I put some "east pieces" to warm up with. No problems splitting. I then put the gnarly piece of Cherry on it and watched the gage. It went to 650-700PSI then slowed down when the second stage of the pump kicked in. It got up to about 1500psi before the wood split. Man what a site and what a relief - me not the valve. I did try to adjust the relief on the old valve. Turned it in all the way still had the same problem. There is probably something in there causing problems. Now I can get down to cutting the wood and splitting. Thanks for all your help. BTW I will be having a sale on some of the old parts. 5HP Briggs with a slight shave seal leak, a motor mount for a 5HP engine, an 11gpm viking pump and possibly a 16gpm Barnes pump.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back