splitting big rounds with a jack hammer??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watching the jack hammer video in post #35 he was 27 seconds to the first round to have it in half a bunch of that was lining up where he wanted to be but still

noodling starts to look really good on the low cost fast and effective way to break down big rounds with very minimal effort and almost no added cost .

if you have a skid steer a flip-able splitter could make a lot of sense then again a grapple bucket and hauling as 8 foot logs to a log trailer that could drop loads on a cutting table to cut down.

the real answer is . it really really depends what your volume is . what you already have for equipment , what your available wood looks like , how you transport and store and what your burning in.

You didn't hear the news? On January 23, 2013, at 3:57 p.m., there officially was a video for EVERYTHING somewhere on the Internet. It's still being debated as to whether this a praiseworthy achievement or a colossal setback for mankind.

I wonder if something solid underneath would help.

All things considered, the time it takes to split the wood and the cost of an electric hammer, generator, fuel, or an $89k backhoe and $15k hammer, I would bet on a ax, maul, or one of those two handled 10 ton smoking-joe splitter units.

My first experience with a jackhammer was when I was 17 years old. I learned not to turn the jackhammer upside-down to change a bit. Unless, of course, you turn off the air supply first. :lol:

Back