• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Spring has sprong

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Spring is here and things are starting to bloom. Bradford pears are blooming, Elms are starting to bloom, and the clover is getting high. Sketter hawks are everywhere. One of my water oaks has started putting on new leaves. Live oaks dumped most of there leaves a few weeks ago. How are things looking in your neck of the woods?

yooper

yooper

Tree Freak
IMG_0138.JPG
Spring is here and things are starting to bloom. Bradford pears are blooming, Elms are starting to bloom, and the clover is getting high. Sketter hawks are everywhere. One of my water oaks has started putting on new leaves. Live oaks dumped most of there leaves a few weeks ago. How are things looking in your neck of the woods?

Bobby Kirbos

Bobby Kirbos

Scrounger of Cellulose Based BTUs
My kids and I all have seasonal allergies. The outdoors trys to kill us every spring. Love the season, hate the green/yellow dust that collects on everything. My wife on the other hand doesn't have allergies and it drives her crazy that she has to keep the windows closed through the spring.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had some whistler ducks show up the other day, I saw red winged black birds today. Everything has started to return or are heading back up north. I expect to see robins shortly.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
My kids and I all have seasonal allergies. The outdoors trys to kill us every spring. Love the season, hate the green/yellow dust that collects on everything. My wife on the other hand doesn't have allergies and it drives her crazy that she has to keep the windows closed through the spring.
My trees are just starting to bust loose. Buds are just starting to pop.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Been in 20s for highs, single digit at night. Was -5* Sunday morning.

About 2ft of snow in the last 2 weeks. More on the ground now than all winter.

Still have a solid month of winter here. Usually May is "spring". I normally don't need to mow grass until June.

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
The cedars here are loading up with that yellow crap that will look like a smoke dragon before long.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have about a 1 acre pond and I have 3 domestic ducks that stay year round. The whistler ducks have been coming in and the domestic's don't like it. Can you say duck wars? It's funny to watch them defend there little pond from the invaders from above.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
We are stuck between Winter and Spring here now, too warm to be truly Winter anymore but not quite Spring, and everything is a muddy mess. I coach U-12 soccer and we usually are practicing around mid-March, but I have a feeling we will be using the parking lots for awhile like in the past.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Every year here they say "this was the worst allergy season on record", if it keeps up at that rate the highest pollen count rating will be changed from "extreme" to "death" lol!

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Do they really have winter in Texas? :rolleyes: One can probably :barbecue:all year around.
Our winters are mild compared to farther north. Hey, we did have 10 whole days in a row this year where it stayed below freezing. My pond actually completely froze over this year. I got down to the single digits this year but I didn't get a single freeze last year at all. Most all the pro motocross riders winter down here, so the racing action is great in the winter. Motocross in 100+ temps is not very fun.