Spruce Tree Problems - Fungus?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GloNDark2735

Reaction score
We bought this house in January of this year. There are several somewhat young but seemingly established pine, spruce and cedar trees out front for privacy.

Within the past week, I have noticed one of the spruce trees has started turning an odd color and seems to be dying off at a pretty rapid rate.

I called some local arborists but everyone is so busy that I can't get someone out here for almost a month and i'm afraid that it will be way to late for this tree if I wait that long to do something about it.

I've attached a couple of pics, can post more if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2223.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2223.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail_IMG_2224.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2224.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 15
I’ll post pics tomorrow but I HAD 9 50-60’ blue spruce. They’re all almost dead, some type of blight that around here in western PA is killing all the blue spruce.

Not sure about those in NV. In Western PA, probably some of the same problems we are seeing throughout Ohio: Spruce Spider mites, Rhizosphaera and stigmina needle casts. The latter 2 don't tend to be problems in Blue spruce's native range as it is more arid.

Back