!st fire of the season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't know how much longer i can hold out. she's been asking for the fire for 3 or 4 days in a row now....

I replaced the door gasket and added water treatment to my owb yesterday and started it up this afternoon. Upon fire up, I let the water get up to 160 degress and the circulation pump failed to kick on. I bypassed the relay and the pump is running continously, so there is heat. I will replace it tomorrow. I didn't think it would have gone bad, but this is the 5th year heating with the owb. I know I could test it but I don't have a multimeter. So far, I have replaced the blower motor a year ago and the draft solenoid 2 years ago and that is it. My 3 taco pumps are still going.

It looks like the cold weather is setting in, but I can't make myself go out and get the fire going. It will have to stay this way for the next week or so for me to be convinced(wife saying so) to get the system hot. Last year was soft, I have an odd feeling that this year we get the cold back.

Shea

I am afraid you might be right. Last winter was the easiest I have ever been through here in North Carolina's “High Country”. One of the good things about last winter is I finally got my woodshed sorted out. I would go out to load up the Polaris to bring wood to the OWB and think—I CAN”T burn this, it is oak, locust, cherry, etc…:frown: but it will probably be put to good use this winter.

Back