Stacking instruction help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Don't want to clutter up things but can't seem to find right search terms.
I have about 5beehives stacked, Holzhausen are cool but a pain ending up with triangle voids to fill .
Anyway the other style I seen its just thrown into a pile but in all the same direction from same side, not sure what the trick is. Don't want to do twice been there did that with the hives.

What is the question? How to stack beehives? How many hives do you have that you need to stack them?

sorry for conufusion tried editing it some! no i have done a few of them looking at a different style that looks like a mound but there is some order to it. everything is thrown in same direction and kinda looks like it falls over a little

845ce241812784c152f61d3d529e2302.jpg
from the interwebs.

so the splits are vertical, almost. interesting. I've not seen or heard of that before, whats the advantage? I'd have thought they would stay wetter as the end grain soaks up water most and rain falls on it when stacked that way.

Some of those Holz stacks are really cool and pretty, but I like to know exactly how much wood I have, so I stick to traditional 1 cord racks, Joe.

What are the advantages of stacking firewood in these configurations? If you stack the wood "log cabin" style you can estimate quantity and it cures much faster due to increased air flow and surface area exposed to the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my advantage is i dont have alot of diff. spaces to store long short stacks, and i dont sell it so i really dont care how much quanity there is it just has to be there to put in burner! and if i needed to know i'm sure there is a formula for that.
also on a few of mine i can tarp the top and cover alot of wood which works for me.

this thread got off track from the get go i only stated holzhausen to rule out thats what i got and not looking for, been searching all over google and still cant find the style i'm looking for, i'll just give up for now

thats one heck of an offer and i appreciate that, but i'll have to pass i dont have enough room for a few of those.
thats one heck of a setup though, esp for rotating piles.

Back