Starting issues with 07s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHDecker

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I found an old Stihl 07s (1965-ish) and picked it up. I did not get it running at the shop but was able to get it to "hit" when I poured fuel on the air filter.

Got it back to my shop, here's what I did:
Compression is good, no scoring, around 130 psi. There is no screen on these old mufflers so no problem there. I rebuilt the carb, it's an old Tillotson HL. New spark plug, fuel line, fuel filter, and carb line going from fuel tank. There is spark when I ground the plug on the cylinder.

The metal ring in the flywheel fan was starting to strip and not allowing me to pull the saw over so I replaced the ring and now I can pull the cord. It has the original Bosch flywheel.

As of now, even when I prime the carb and/or the cylinder with fuel or carb cleaner it will not pop let alone run. I do not think it's flooded, I've been at this for weeks and have let that saw dry out good.

Is there an issue with ignition timing considering I've dealt with every other issue? I'm at a loss here; I've rebuilt dozens of saws and this one is stumping me.

Paul

Latest posts

Back