• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Sthil 029/039 Dies at Idle Runs Great Up Top

bpankratz

bpankratz

ArboristSite Member
Website
injectorservice.com
Thanks for bearing with me guys. This saw is having some wanky issues too. Was running great also, and now won't idle.

Well it will start, idle then suddenly die, off like a switch.
I have been messing with the carb settings too, so when I do get it to idle it is fast.

Also tried running it with the filter off, and under throttle it blows a lot of fuel out.

Compression is 130 on this guy.

bpankratz

bpankratz

ArboristSite Member
Website
injectorservice.com
So I tried a plug in this thing to, didn't help. I cut with it a bit keeping it going with the throttle between cuts, then about 5 minutes in this thing died too.

Carb kit? Just seems weird that it will run ok and then suddenly die out.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
wwwwhatdoyouwanthereanyway.com
Continuing to run a saw that is running squirrelly can ruin a good saw.
As I was told on another thread.....
Why thank you for that ridiculously constructive and helpful post! I don’t know what I’d do without such good people coming along to assist. Has the design always been that way? :bowdown:

Bob Hedgecutter

Bob Hedgecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok so I got the carb kit installed, air filter changed (didn't do the fuel filter but it looks clear), and the saws up and running great now! I guess that teaches me to do the carb kits. The diaphragm was definitely stretched.
Yep, it also teaches you to learn who to listen to in here- first reply had it covered eh? ;)